Sales Strategy & Planning
France, Remote possible /
Sales Strategy & Ops /
Permanent Employment Contract
⭐️Who we are ⭐️
Hello there, we’re Alan.
But… what is Alan???
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised information, proactive care, care delivery, payment and post-care. Alan members access a delightful health insurance coverage bundled with innovative healthcare services.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan became the first independent health insurance company in France since 1986 to receive a license.
Alan distributes its own health insurance plans to companies of all sizes as well as to independent professionals.
By providing its members with a delightful health experience and beautifully designed tools, Alan's long-term goal is to deliver personalised and delightful healthcare to hundreds of millions of Europeans, and beyond.
As of today, Alan covers more than 155,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D fundinground bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 350 people, and growing We recently landed in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
Context of the Role
You will be part of the Sales Strategy & Operations community which main mission can be broken down in three components:
- Define the strategy to reach the company’s targets (top-line and margin)
- Work closely with the sales community to improve productivity through better process, tooling and capabilities
- Assess sales performance and identify improvement opportunities
Whilst you will be expected to contribute to all three missions you will be expected to spend 50-70% of your time on strategic & planning topics.
The scope of the role is European.
Work closely with senior business leaders and a broad set of stakeholders to define Alan’s strategic business plan, translate it into actionable sales objectives, help frame and inform key business decisions and enable the Sales team to deliver on their objectives.
- Understand, articulate and decompose the main drivers of our business (member base, revenue, gross margin)
- Enhance our current strategic business planning process in partnership with business leaders, Insurance, Finance and other key stakeholders.
- Build the strategic business plan by working closely with senior business leaders, other Sales Strategy & Operations team members and a broad set of stakeholders
-- Build frameworks/ analyses to gain deep insights into how we generate member growth, revenue and margin across segments and products
-- Frame strategic business resource allocation decisions e.g., where to slow down/ remove or accelerate sales and marketing resources, what is the relative impact of these choices on our objectives.
-- Enhance our model for assessing our LTV and CAC indicators
-- Align all cross functional stakeholders on the plan
-- Review quarterly the plan and make adjustments to key assumptions and results when necessary
- Build and own detailed strategic planning models and ensure their quality, scalability and accuracy
- Provide structure and analytical rigor to key business decisions e.g., help assess the tradeoff between growth and margin on a specific segment/ product
- Provide guidance to the Sales team and identify improvement opportunities
-- Translate the high level strategic plan into operational sales plans, segment and individual sales objectives
-- Develop and monitor critical success and business performance metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders (work with other Sales Strategy & Operations team members on this)
-- Identify opportunities to improve Sales performance
- Design and implement initiatives to improve Sales effectiveness and efficiency, working closely with the Sales team, Sales Strat & Ops colleagues and other stakeholders. This includes
-- Designing/ enhancing sales processes
-- Designing tool changes which improve performance at different stages of the sales cycle
-- Contribute to initiatives to scale up the capabilities of the Sales team
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Deep analytical rigor, focused on bringing clarity based on deep insights
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and align multiple stakeholders in a collaborative way
- Ability to build successful relationships with with senior business leaders and a broad range of stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Product and Finance and be seen as a trusted advisor
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, work well under pressure, with a high degree of adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to bring structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity
- Passion for getting close to the business and Sales team and understanding the operational details of their work, not just the strategic ones
- Great written and oral structure and communication
- 5+ years of experience within a business strategy, sales strategy & operations, revenue operations or business finance function in a B2B company (preferably) or operational experience in investment banking, management consulting or private equity
- Great Excel skills and moderate SQL knowledge
- Fluency in English
Nice to have
- French or Spanish knowledge
- Experience with BI and visualization tools (e.g., Metabase, Tableau)