IT Support Specialist
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan's long-term goal is to help all people have a personalised and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, Alan covers more than 170,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 400+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
🤘 How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
💎 Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a “work from anywhere” company).
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
💻 IT at Alan
Alan is growing at a very fast pace, and our headcount increase requires that we should recruit within our IT team, in order to be able to continue providing excellent support to our users.
Currently, we have 1 IT admin for ~375 users, backed up by Software Engineers.
The main mission for the IT Support Specialist will be to provide support for our users (Alaners, Siders, Business partners etc), and delight them through projects and initiatives. In addition to supporting our users, the IT Support Specialist will work on equipment procurement and equipment lifecycle.
The mission is based in Paris, with an on-site presence of 3 days a week.
Support the team:
- Investigate and resolve IT incidents;
- Answer our users questions and educate them;
- Documentation : produce IT procedures and resolution documents;
- Help manage our SaaS applications.
- Buy equipment, according to our current processes, or challenge them and propose new ones;
- Manage equipment logistics - delivery and shipping to Alaners;
- Asset inventory - ensure our equipment inventory is up-to-date.
Equipment lifecycle management:
- Make sure our equipments are operational and answering our quality & performance requirements (e.g our computer catalog is following industry standards - ex: new Apple M1 laptops)
- Manage relationships with our Apple service providers (iCare) for repairs;
- Ensure our network, TVs, Chromebox systems and Printers (and other Office IT equipment) are operational.
- Solution for Inventory Management;
- Reevaluating our current MDM solution;
- Network supervision.
🥰 Profile & competencies
- Experience with our primary tools/environment: Google Workspace and macOS;
- Good writing skills to create and maintain operational documentation.
Soft skills/ Behavioural traits
- Autonomous: able to work in total autonomy, yet being supported by the IT manager and Alan’s knowledge base;
- People-centric: always have the end-user in mind when proposing solutions;
- Rigorous: follow existing instructions and protocols, and proceed accordingly to facts and data;
- Proactive input provider: able to challenge our current operational methods, and elaborate new ones;
- Able to keep focus and priorities under control in an ever-growing environment;
- Great analytical skills: understand the root cause of problems.
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance with Alan Blue - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave & Childcare. Extended parental leave for all new parents & daycare solutions (France only).