Software Engineer (Senior / Staff / Principal)
Anywhere in France, Belgium, Spain /
Product – Engineering /
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 390,000 members, representing over €270m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €183m in a series E funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐️ The Engineering team ⭐️
In our engineering team, we build the infrastructure, interfaces, and applications to provide first-class service to our members, health professionals, and even ourselves!
Being an engineer at Alan means joining a team of talented, committed and passionate engineers, with a lot of product interaction.
We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
Our process is very simple: those who make product decisions are the same ones who build them.
Our stack is Python/Flask, React/Redux, React Native, PostgreSQL.
Want to know more? Read this article if you want to:
- Discover how life as an Engineer at Alan looks like, and how our Engineering team is organised: https://blog.alan.com/tech-et-produit/engineering-organisation-at-alan
⭐️ Is it you we’re looking for? ⭐️
We are looking for engineers with 3+ years of experience to help us scale our Engineering community from different perspectives (product, tech, and internal organization-wise):
- You’ll be able to tackle high-impact & high-risk projects involving many engineers.
- You'll design efficient systems and engineering practices to align with and facilitate interactions between multiple teams/products.
- You’ll have the opportunity to mentor other engineers & lead crews (more details in this article).
- You'll be able to contribute to hiring your future coworkers and shape candidates' hiring experience (improving our technical assessment process etc...)
You would be a good fit at Alan if most of this sounds like you:
- Passionate about building products.
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial.
- Humble and still willing to grow (no matter your seniority!).
- Collaborative, enthusiastic about teamwork, learning, and teaching.
- Fluent in English (no need to speak French!).
But above all, we are looking for high potential and curiosity: make sure to show us this when you apply! Everything else is a bonus.
For more details on how engineers can grow at Alan, take a look at our Engineering career path: https://medium.com/alan/engineering-career-path-at-alan-e5de5c2e740c
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium, blog and Glassdoor page for more info.