Fullstack Engineer (Junior, Senior, Staff, Principal)
France, Belgium, Spain, Remote possible /
Permanent Employment Contract
⭐️ Who we are ⭐️
Hello there, we’re Alan.
Wait… what is Alan?
Alan exists to reimagine the health system by creating a better experience centered on the user. Alan is a subscription to better living, where health is a part of the way you want to live, not a restriction on your way of living. Alan is your friend in health and your partner in the system.
We started by creating the first digital health insurance company in Europe! Specifically, we’re the first new insurance in France since… 1986! And we’ve raised more than €125m in less than four years from leading investors such as Index Ventures, Temasek and DST Global Partners.
⭐️ The Engineering team ⭐️
In our engineering team, we build the infrastructure, interfaces, and applications to provide first-class service to our users, health professionals, and even ourselves!
Being an engineer at Alan means joining a team of talented, committed and passionate engineers, with a lot of product interaction.
We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
Our process is very simple: those who make product decisions are the same ones who build them.
Our stack is Python/Flask, React/Redux, React Native, PostgreSQL.
If you want to know more about our engineering work & practices, check this out!
⭐️ Is it you we’re looking for? ⭐️
You would be a good fit at Alan if you are:
- An excellent and humble engineer who is still willing to grow
- An expert in Object Oriented Programming such as Python, Java, C#
- Passionate about building products
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial
- Collaborative, enthusiastic about teamwork, learning, and teaching
- Fluent in English (no need to speak French!)
It’s even better if you have built something from scratch! Everything else is a bonus. We prefer to have diversity in experiences and backgrounds.
For more details, take a look at our Engineering career path: https://medium.com/alan/engineering-career-path-at-alan-e5de5c2e740c
⭐️ The Alan Method ⭐️
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that translate into our approach to work:
- We solve big problems, quickly, with focus.
- We tell and share everything.
- We grow as individuals while we are developing the company.
Alaners are provided a stimulating environment for them to focus on the essential: their work. Therefore, we offer:
- competitive compensation packages, along with meaningful equity
- an awesome office in the center of Paris
- relocation packages for our international candidates
- a great healthcare program (yes, Alan 🙂)
- flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now in France, Spain & Belgium for an employement contract - we'll hire people in other European countries as freelance contractors with the goal of moving them into full-time employees in the future)
- and a lot more great stuff (feel free to ask)!