Software Engineer (Senior/ Staff / Principal)
France, Belgium, Spain, Remote possible /
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is the one-stop health partner for the body & the mind.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first digital health insurance in France since 1986.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company.
As of today, Alan covers more than 300,000 members, representing over €160m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €183m in a series E funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing. We are also operating in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
🤘 How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
💎 Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
⭐️ The Engineering team ⭐️
In our engineering team, we build the infrastructure, interfaces, and applications to provide first-class service to our members, health professionals, and even ourselves!
Being an engineer at Alan means joining a team of talented, committed and passionate engineers, with a lot of product interaction.
We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
Our process is very simple: those who make product decisions are the same ones who build them.
Our stack is Python/Flask, React/Redux, React Native, PostgreSQL.
Want to know more? Read this article if you want to:
- Discover how life as an Engineer at Alan looks like, and how our Engineering team is organised: https://blog.alan.com/tech-et-produit/engineering-organisation-at-alan
⭐️ Is it you we’re looking for? ⭐️
We are looking for engineers with 3+ years of experience to help us scale our Engineering community from different perspectives (product, tech, and internal organization-wise):
- You’ll be able to tackle high-impact & high-risk projects involving many engineers.
- You'll design efficient systems and engineering practices to align with and facilitate interactions between multiple teams/products.
- You’ll have the opportunity to mentor other engineers & lead crews (more details in this article).
- You'll be able to contribute to hiring your future coworkers and shape candidates' hiring experience (improving our technical assessment process etc...)
You would be a good fit at Alan if most of this sounds like you:
- Passionate about building products.
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial.
- Humble and still willing to grow (no matter your seniority!).
- Collaborative, enthusiastic about teamwork, learning, and teaching.
- Fluent in English (no need to speak French!).
But above all, we are looking for high potential and curiosity: make sure to show us this when you apply! Everything else is a bonus.
For more details on how engineers can grow at Alan, take a look at our Engineering career path: https://medium.com/alan/engineering-career-path-at-alan-e5de5c2e740c
⭐️ The Alan Method ⭐️
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that translate into our approach to work:
- We solve big problems, quickly, with focus.
- We tell and share everything.
- We grow as individuals while we are developing the company.
Alaners are provided a stimulating environment for them to focus on the essential: their work. Therefore, we offer:
- Competitive compensation packages, along with meaningful equity.
- An awesome office in the center of Paris.
- Relocation packages for our international candidates.
- A great healthcare program (yes, Alan 🙂).
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now in France, Spain & Belgium for an employment contract - we'll hire people in other European countries as freelance contractors with the goal of moving them into full-time employees in the future).
- The necessary equipment for you to do your best work (Noise Cancelling Headphones, a Macbook Pro, secondary screen, etc.). You can have them at home, in case you are mostly working remotely.
- And a lot more great stuff (feel free to ask)!
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Generous equity packages are completing your base salary.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.