CEO Founder Associate Intern
Anywhere in France
Company Administration – Founder Associate /
🐼 Who we are
Never Alone with Alan. The health partner, who prevents, insures, and cares daily.
Our mission is a healthier humanity. For our members, getting extra happy years of life. For our companies: the best people return on investment.
We partner with 22,000 companies, more than 500,000 members and are at €350m+ ARR. We now operate in France 🇫🇷, Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪. The team is 580 people, and growing all over Europe.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
CEO Founder Associate Intern
The position is open for a strating between June 2024 to September 2024, ideally for a six-month internship.
Founder Associates support Founders and Senior Alaners on top business priorities, such as unlocking new growth, driving alignment on strategy and building new processes/standards internally and externally.
You will be highly involved in key challenges for Alan, and will be asked to support high added value tasks for Alan.
As such, you can’t be exhaustive on the missions you will perform as a FA, as you can be asked to help on almost any subject.
Possible projects include:
- Corporate & Governance (support for the constitution of our board packs, legal research, fundraisings, key Alaners meetings, and public affairs work..).
- M&A (identifying and exploring strategic business and product opportunities - acquisitions, acqui-hires,...).
- Growth (coordinating Rfp for big prospects, supporting marketing initiatives, partnerships...).
- Brand & Communication (develop the Corporate and Founders’ brands at major business events, with a newsletter, on social networks).
- Strategy (contribute to the strategic vision of the company, screen markets and competition, produce business analyses, build models of growth, etc.).
- Product (identify and explore strategic product opportunities).
- Talent (sourcing and recruiting).
In this position, you will get a great overview of the key strategic topics at Alan and you will have the chance to work with senior Alaners on topics that are instrumental to our success.
You will grow exponentially with the guidance of senior Alaners. It is a unique chance to work on so many tasks in a different and non traditional environment.
Examples of recent projects
- Finance - Taking part and coordinating Series E fundraising: preparation of Pitch Deck, financial analysis to assess valuation, coordination of fundraising with investors
- Product - Exploring health stories: in-depth market research to understand the opportunity to build new health services within Alan
- Finance - Contributing to a M&A process: involvement on due diligence and valuation, process coordination, and company integration within our community
- Sales - Being project manager on the biggest tender in Alan's history: involvement throughout the whole process, coordination of Sales and Product teams to make the best offer possible
- Logistics - Organizing the annual Alaner reunion event: managing a budget of €300k and a team of 10 people to bring Alaners together over 2 days and create a sense of belonging
- Recurring tasks - Coordinating the weekly internal communication, supporting the CEO with his weekly newsletter, organizing the monthly event gathering all the Alaners, recruiting the next batch of FAs
- And many more...
Key outcomes by the end of the internship
By the end of the internship period, the intern will have:
- Supported the CEO and other Senior Alaners, owning and delivering on a high-volume and broad range of topics. Doing so, the intern will interact with most of Alan’s communities (Product, Strategy, Sales, Marketing, Talent).
- Created new processes and resources, and contributed innovative ideas to improve Founders Associates team efficiency and autonomy.
- Contributed directly/acted as project coordinator to/for at least one strategic company project (M&A, fundraising, new product launch, etc.).
Profile & competencies
- Analytical sense and critical thinking: FAs have a lot of research and analysis to produce. This requires the ability to frame the right questions, objectively analyse and evaluate a problem or issue, and problem-solve including simulating possible outcomes.
- ‘Business’ and product sense: FAs often have to think at the company level, assessing what would be best for the business, and working on topics that have cross-cutting impacts. The ability to understand what can make a business great (product wise, commercially, in terms of image, etc.), and usually make correct decisions, even in the presence of ambiguity, is paramount.
- Execution and collaboration: given the scope, volume and timeline of work, the ability to direct people—including oneself—towards a particular objective that may require active orchestration is key.
- Versatility and education: given the scope of work, FAs should be able to jump from one topic to another with similar impact
- Organization, time management and autonomy: you are well-versed in missions requiring precision and reliability. You are able to manage a project from start to finish with minimal external assistance.
- Communicate effectively: given the number of Alaners that FAs interact with on a daily basis, the ability to communicate your specific needs (deadlines etc) and to inspire action in others is essential.
- Always looking for the extra-mile: as a FA, you will be expected to be able to deliver quickly and well on the tasks assigned to you, but also to be proactive in proposing new initiatives, going beyond the task assigned to you if you think it is necessary, as well as anticipating future needs to propose potential solutions
- Growth mindset: you know how to ask for and receive feedback in order to grow as an FA in your early professional life.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. All our communications are written and in English.
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary, for permanent contracts only.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family, for permanent contracts only.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents, for permanent contracts only.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.