Business Strategy & Operations Associate Intern
Anywhere in France /
Revenue – Sales Strategy & Ops /
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 400,000 members, representing over €275m+ of annualized revenue. We raised a further €183m in a series E funding round in 2022 bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
Business Strategy & Operations Associate
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, ideally for a six-month internship.
Business Strategy & Operations Associates support Business Strategy & Operations members on top business priorities, such as unlocking new growth, driving alignment on business operations and building new processes and standards internally and externally.
You will be highly involved in key challenges for Alan, and will be asked to support tasks for Alan.
As such, you can’t be exhaustive on the missions you will perform as a Business Strategy & Operations Associate, as you can be asked to help on almost any business subject.
Possible projects include:
- Lead allocation and reallocation: prioritize leads, allocate and reallocate them to Sales depending on their capacity.
- Territory planning and pipeline optimization: set up a territory planning and continuously improve pipeline organization for Sales.
- Setting up routines for processes: improve our current processes via routines and automations (e.g. forecasting routine, CRM cleaning).
- Onboarding newcomers and training on tools and processes: invite newcomers on our tools, train them on how to use them and share with them processes. Ensure adoption and good usage of tools & processes.
- Support on edge cases arising: provide ad-hoc support to Sales on issues related to tools and processes.
In this position, you will get a great overview of the key business topics at Alan and you will have the chance to work with senior Alaners on topics that are instrumental to our success.
You will grow exponentially with the guidance of senior Alaners. It is a unique chance to work on so many tasks in a different and non traditional environment.
Key outcomes by the end of the internship
By the end of the internship period, the intern will have:
- Supported Sales, owning and delivering on a high-volume and broad range of topics. Doing so, the intern will interact with most of Alan’s Sales community.
- Created new processes and resources, and contributed innovative ideas to improve Sales team efficiency and autonomy.
- Contributed directly to at least one strategic Sales project (improved Sales funnel, new dashboards, etc.)
Profile & competencies
- Analytical sense and critical thinking: Business Strategy & Operations Associates have a lot of research and analysis to produce. This requires the ability to frame the right questions, objectively analyze and evaluate a problem or issue, and problem-solve including simulating possible outcomes.
- ‘Business’ and product sense: Business Strategy & Operations Associates often have to think at the company level, assessing what would be best for the business, and working on topics that have cross-cutting impacts. The ability to understand what can make a business great (product wise, commercially, in terms of image, etc.), and usually make correct decisions, even in the presence of ambiguity, is paramount.
- Execution and collaboration: given the scope, volume and timeline of work, the ability to direct people—including oneself—towards a particular objective that may require active orchestration is key.
- Versatility and education: given the scope of work, Business Strategy & Operations Associates should be able to jump from one topic to another with similar impact
- Organization, time management and autonomy: you are well-versed in missions requiring precision and reliability. You are able to manage a project from start to finish with minimal external assistance.
- Communicate effectively: given the number of Alaners that Business Strategy & Operations Associates interact with on a daily basis, the ability to communicate your specific needs (deadlines etc) and to inspire action in others is essential.
- Always looking for the extra-mile: as a Business Strategy & Operations Associate, you will be expected to be able to deliver quickly and well on the tasks assigned to you, but also to be proactive in proposing new initiatives, going beyond the task assigned to you if you think it is necessary, as well as anticipating future needs to propose potential solutions
- Growth mindset: you know how to ask for and receive feedback in order to grow as a Business Strategy & Operations Associate in your early professional life.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. All our communications are written in English.
- Good command of spoken and written French. You will mostly work with the French Sales team.
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium, blog and Glassdoor page for more info.