Business Segment Owner
France, Remote possible /
Permanent Employment Contract
⭐️Who we are ⭐️
Hello there, we’re Alan.
But… what is Alan???
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised information, proactive care, care delivery, payment and post-care. Alan members access a delightful health insurance coverage bundled with innovative healthcare services.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan became the first independent health insurance company in France since 1986 to receive a license.
Alan distributes its own health insurance plans to companies of all sizes as well as to independent professionals.
By providing its members with a delightful health experience and beautifully designed tools, Alan's long-term goal is to deliver personalised and delightful healthcare to hundreds of millions of Europeans, and beyond.
As of today, Alan covers more than 155,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 350 people and growing We recently landed in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
⭐️ The Business Segment Owner ⭐️
We have segmented the market in several business segments, each of them corresponding to a category of clients (Hotels & Restaurants, Syntec SMB, etc.).
The mission of business segment owner at Alan is to:
Articulate for their segment what customer (member & admin) experience (price, services) we have to build to be extremely differentiated and reach leadership positions in the segment, and what are the implications in terms of margin (PnL) for us.
- Market overview: size, competitors, customers’ pain points and needs;
- Value proposition (today and in 3 years): What makes us differentiated from the market, and why people would pick us;
- Pricing: What should be our pricing strategy (today and in 3 years) and what are the implications for offering the best value for money (e.g., what our costs have to be to offer attractive prices at a certain margin?);
- P&L and Alan position: what is the resulting segment P&L (number of employees, average premium, average gross margin) and how we reach leadership;
- Positioning and offer: what is the best product range to become the leader on this segment;
- Distribution: which acquisition channels? Which customer journey?
- Translating market insights into business decisions.
They constantly and iteratively build the case on the return on investment of extra or less resources allocated for the segment.
The business segment owner will closely work (using collaborative debate) with all the different teams involved in the success of the segment (Product, Insurance, Sales, Marketing) to build knowledge, share their needs, and create alignment around a long-term value plan. At Alan, we operate with distributed ownership.
⭐️ Is it you we’re looking for? ⭐️
You may be a great fit at Alan if you have:
- Strategic thinking: thinks 1-3 years ahead vs next quarter.
- Hands-on: translates the vision into an action plan, runs analysis and initiatives by him/her-self
- Judgment/business acumen: understands how a business is working and is driven to make it successful
- Multifaceted: understands the link between business model, distribution, insurance, customer experience and product, shows flexibility and a strong ability to adapt.
- Communication and leadership: communicates well with Alaners, has the ability to effectively cause both understanding and action in others without the use of direct power, wants the best for their teammates and puts the success of the company and the team before their own.
- Driven: able to set goals and find intrinsic motivation to achieve them.
- Challenger: Portrays a general growth mindset and challenges Alan’s past decisions, with the willingness to edit the company.
- Language(s): Perfectly fluent in English and French for the French market.