Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is the one-stop health partner for the body & the mind.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first digital health insurance in France since 1986.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company.
As of today, Alan covers more than 300,000 members, representing over €160m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €183m in a series E funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing. We are also operating in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
🤘 How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
💎 Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
⭐️ The Insurance Team ⭐️
On the Insurance team, we define and build the insurance products that will offer the most differentiating experience to our members. We also make sure the business is properly monitored and risks are under control. Finally, we help the rest of the team understand the subtleties of healthcare and insurance.
Being an Insurance Expert at Alan means joining a small team where you will have a tremendous impact on what we build and how we organise ourselves; we are now tackling more complex market segments in France, in Spain and Belgium.
We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
You will have the chance to work directly with senior Insurance Experts and everyone at Alan involved in our insurance offer (from our talented sales and care team members interacting with our users on an everyday basis to the world-class engineers, data scientists or designers).
⭐️ Is it you we’re looking for? ⭐️
You would be a good fit if you are:
- capable of understanding technical, data, business and legal questions related to insurance
- a master of one particular skill that would be useful to us, be it on insurance or even general healthcare
- analytical and structured, with a fact-based decision-making style- eager to deep dive into various insurance topics while helping us shaping our strategy
- enthusiastic about teamwork, curious, learning, and teaching
- willing to deeply change the insurance and healthcare industry and challenge the status quo
- fluent in English
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Generous equity packages are completing your base salary.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.