Customer Care & Claims Specialist - Belgium 🇧🇪
Anywhere in Belgium /
Process & Operations – Care /
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 330,000 members, representing over €200m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €183m in a series E funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐️ YOUR MISSION ⭐️
Taking care of our clients is at the heart of our business. Our Customer Care and Claim Specialists are on the frontline to answer our members by written (either by chat or by email), solve their problems and offer an amazing customer experience.
Helping our members
Your first mission will be to deal with our members' requests in a meaningful, delightful and timely manner. Your goal is to be transparent, accurate, clear and helpful to our members. After all, we are dealing with a crucial subject — their health — and we are committed to offering them exceptional service.
All Customer Care & Claim specialist work on a Care project outside of their time answering our members. The focus of these projects depends on each individual’s interest and background. We expect you to help us implement better processes and tools, and to contribute to improving our product. This will involve analyzing what you see, identifying areas for improvement and making suggestions on what we can do better. You will also participate in our growth effort by helping to convert prospects into customers.
Grow and learn
At Alan, we are dedicated to learn as much as we can. It's not every day that you can join a fast-growing company, tackling an obsolete sector by putting the member at the heart of it all. You will become an expert in healthcare and insurance, and help new members of the great healthcare team.
The 🇧🇪 care team today is still relatively small. However, we have bold ambitions and will grow quickly. You will be involved in building, nurturing and enhancing our care team on a daily basis.
⭐️ JOIN THE 🇧🇪CARE TEAM ⭐️ You will be a good fit for the role if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience in: a customer-support role; or education; or communication
- Are trilingual (written and spoken): Dutch, French and English
- Have a passion for caring for members, and solving their problems
- Love written communication (in French/Dutch) and helping people
- Are comfortable with computers and technology in general
- Have a very empathetic and serene state of mind
- Are motivated and entrepreneurial
- Have an enthusiasm for teamwork, learning and teaching
Bonus points if you know how the Belgian healthcare system works — we will teach you if you don’t 😉
Everything else you know is a plus. We want our team to be made up of a diversity of experiences and backgrounds.
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ in Paris, sponsored co-working hubs in Ghent Brussels or Antwerp or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. Organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. You can use your own inspiration based on the Green mobility budget (for Senior level Alaners)
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium & blog for more info.