Anywhere in France, Belgium, Spain /
Process & Operations – Ops /
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 400,000 members, representing over €275m+ of annualized revenue. We raised a further €183m in a series E funding round in 2022 bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐️ Operations at Alan ⭐️
Our Operations team guarantees the delivery at scale of our insurance and healthcare products, efficiently and delightfully. On a day-to-day basis, this means running, building and industrializing processes to deliver the vision and contributing to our strategy by bringing Ops perspective.
As we anchor our Insurance position in France, diversify our offering with health and well-being related services and expand into an international platform, our operations are becoming very complex and our challenges ahead have never been as exciting!
Being an Ops at Alan means joining a team of 30+ talented, committed and passionate Ops experts from three different countries, with a lot of interactions with Engineering, Product, Care and many other teams at Alan.
⭐️ Mission ⭐️
🌍 For this role, you need to be based out of France, Belgium or Spain 🌍
The Operations Community’s core responsibilities is to build and strengthen our operational capabilities and scale our platform efficiently to handle a unique member and customer experience supporting fast growth, while optimizing our performance and resources.
We want team members to deliver excellence and be ready to improve and disrupt the way we traditionally think about insurance or healthcare services, and truly re-engineer the experience we offer to our members.
The Operations Runners core responsibilities are to :
* run our processes, related to Insurance or medical services
* ensure the day-to-day follow up and monitoring of our operations to enable them to scale at a fast pace
* define, build, implement and follow up improvement and mitigation plans
In details, we expect
Day-to-day business management :
* Perform operations to deliver our service
* Contributing to the definition & owning the best monitoring scheme to track volumes/efficiency/SLAs, and identify risks and areas of improvement
* Supervising external partnerships, providing them support (daily interactions, documentation) and growing team of service providers (e.g. insurance claims management operators or our network of doctors) to increase performance
* Providing support to our internal team, especially our Care Team (to help them answer questions from our members)
* Performing controls on our operations to make sure the correct decisions were made and to identify training needs (internally as well as externally)
* Preparing forecasts, assessing the impact of the evolution of our portfolio (eg. operators’ team sizing assessment, etc.), product changes and efficiency improvements on our tools and processes
Product and processes development support :
* Sharing insights about operational challenges and contributing to our short, mid and long-term strategy.
* Identifying and helping to prioritise initiatives make our processes and services ever more efficient and cost effective, as well as more delightful for our members
* Support the development of our platform when relevant to make sure we are always more efficient, scalable and delightful for our members
⭐️ Profile & Competencies ⭐️
- You would be a good fit in the Operations team at Alan if you have operated services especially for Companies during the scale up stage.
- Passionate about delivering top notch operations: not scared to get your hands dirty to dig into technical processes, making them clear and delightful for our operators and members
- A keen problem-solver and challenger with a strong attention to details
- Strong in written and verbal communication in English & French
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- A fast learner : to learn new tools, technologies, and methodologiesHighly organised with exceptional follow-up skills
- Strongly accountable and are able to show empathy for fellow Alaners and members
- Mindful of product and member experience with high member centricity
- A no-ego doer: you want the best for your teammates and put the success of the company and the team before your own
- Adaptable: you show flexibility and a strong ability to adapt to variable situations
- Experience in the insurance or the healthcare industry
- SQL knowledge allowing you to be fully autonomous when drilling into the data
You would be a good fit for the role if you are:
It’s even better if you have:
As a few examples of how we put this value into action:
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on unbiased criteria
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a "work from anywhere" company)
- We extend the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements regardless of their legal status
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium, blog and Glassdoor page for more info.