Account Executive - Belgium 🇧🇪 (French speaking)
Anywhere in Belgium /
Revenue – Sales /
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 400,000 members, representing over €275m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €183m in a series E funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐ Sales Team at Alan ⭐
Since we opened our Belgium market in 2020, we have experienced great momentum and traction. We’ve onboarded 550+ companies, and delighted 17.500+ members so far. Our local team is growing (so far we went from 0 to 45+ in just over 2 years 🚀).
We now want to take the market by storm and exponentially grow the business to ultimately become the market leader by 2030 in Belgium. Our sales team is the engine that drives our B to B customer reach. We want to keep that bar very high by hiring the most exceptional Sales!
Being a Sales at Alan means joining a team of talented, committed and passionate sales experts. We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
⭐ Your mission ⭐
As we continue to build our Sales team locally, we are looking for several ‘full-stack’ Sales. You can call it Sales, Business development... What is important for us is the mission: help companies transition to a more personal, proactive and holistic health partner.
At Alan, Sales drive deals, manage key customer relationships and help close strategic opportunities with prospects. You are directly responsible for educating prospects, providing inspiring product demonstrations, and onboarding companies’ key stakeholders as you make the transition from prospect to customer.
At the same time, we expect you to understand, embrace and apply the Alan Smart & Soft selling method. This method stems from the concept that the prospect experience is an inseparable piece of the overall Alan customer experience.
You are expected to make this experience pleasant, instructive and delightful by leveraging the most relevant messaging and materials (Smart) and by defining the high-touch strategy that suits best each prospect (Soft).
We also expect you to look at the big picture and help us grow and improve as a company. For that, you’ll have to be real team players even beyond your role. You’ll be expected to challenge us to improve our product(s), our methods and our strategy, and get involved in other projects and initiatives relevant to growing our customer base.
⭐ Your profile ⭐
You will be a good fit to join the Sales team at Alan if you:
- Have previous experience in a Sales role
- Have strong written & verbal communication skills (fluency in English and French)
- Are highly organized with exceptional follow-up skills
- Have empathy and are passionate about understanding and solving prospects' problems
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- A great attitude and ability to collaborate in a small team
- Have a desire to learn fast and make an impact from day 1
Everything else is a plus. We care about having a diversity of experiences, profiles and backgrounds in our team.
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ in Paris, sponsored co-working hubs in Ghent Brussels or Antwerp or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. Organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. You can use your own inspiration based on the Green mobility budget (for Senior level Alaners)
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium & blog for more info.