HR - Culture & People (internship or apprenticeship)
France, Remote possible /
Alan was created in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian (CEO) and Charles Gorintin (CTO) to make the healthcare system frictionless, fair and friendly.
Alan began by creating a fully digitalized Health Insurance. Alan is the only new independent insurance company to be licensed by the Bank of France in the last 33 years.
Since its launch, Alan has grown very rapidly: 110,000 members today for an annual turnover of 80 million euros. This growth has been accompanied by the raising of more than €125 million in four years, from major funds such as Temasek, Index Ventures (Dropbox, Bird, Revolut...) or DST Global (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp...).
At the same time, the team is also experiencing exponential growth and the offices on the banks of the Saint Martin canal are home to a total of 250 Alaners. We also have a work from anywhere policy (limited to European time zones for now).
Alan is now part of the Next40, raised funds in March, held its first Keynote in September and is shifting to become a Personal Health Partner- on top of being the best Health Insurance there is. Alan offers a unique working environment, marked by a highly differentiated corporate culture (radical transparency, distributed ownership, A+ problems mindset, no meetings policy...) and supported by employees from all horizons (Europe, Silicon Valley, Canada...).
As Employee Experience Intern, you will support the Employee Experience community and take ownership on a wide variety of recruitment and human resources issues. The issues vary according to the company’s priorities but always cover a wide range of topics:
- People insights (interpreting data and presenting data-driven insights to our Talent, People, Workplace and Knowledge teams, as well as to other business teams). Contribute to the preparation of Board packs, AHA, external events talks.
- People support (providing first level support intended to improve Alaners’ success by addressing inquiries related to People policies; identifying and clarifying issues through inquiry; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solutions; support payroll processing).
- Global Benefits & Perks (administrating competitive benefits programs, communication and implementation of the different initiatives).
- Compensation (work with stakeholders across the business, research market practice and how things are done today at Alan, run analysis and make recommendations for changes).
- Learning & development (contribute to the design of Alan “Plan de développement des compétences” to leveraging our unique approach to Learning).
- Employee relations: contribute to the filing of mandatory reports and navigate Labour law obligations within Alan peculiar company culture.
Key outcomes by the end of the internship
By the end of the internship period, you will have:
- Lived the full Alaner experience, starting with a hearty onboarding.
- Experienced a unique Corporate culture, with a relentless commitment to excellence.
- You’ll have gained in pragmatism, business sense, and scrappiness.
- Participated in the creation of a vibrant and dynamic work environment that reflects our core values.
- Helped drive Alan’s success by enabling all of our people to do and be their best.
- Learned how to stand by a strong company culture while managing compliance with Labour law obligations
Profile & competencies
What are the non-negotiable skills that you need to have?
Hard skills and qualifications we’ll be looking for:
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is a must. At Alan, everyone works in English.
- Prefer Human Resources, Business or Data major.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and actively pursuing their last year of Master’s degree and looking either for a 6-month internship or an alternance (M2 level required for French students).
- Previous experience in the HR field or top tech company.
- Some evidence of interest in tech and the start-up/entrepreneurial world through internships, side projects, or choice of options at university.
Soft skills we think would make you a great fit:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to simplify.
- Pragmatism and product & business sense, showing that you understand the company’s interests and support them.
- Self-starter and autonomous; you don’t need detailed instructions, but you know when to ask questions. Your are able to anticipate
- People Resources-related needs and a results-oriented mindset to resolve issues
- Organizational skills, rigor and attention to detail; you take pride in spotting inconsistencies and you write in a structured and clear way.
- Problem-solver mindest, you are passionate about deciphering data and telling a story with their findings. Good judgment and genuine discretion when handling sensitive matters
Fluency in spoken and written English and French.
The offer is for level "Intern" on our salary grid, which represents a 20 K€ annual base salary.