⭐️Who we are ⭐️
Hello there, we’re Alan.
But… what is Alan???
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised information, proactive care, care delivery, payment and post-care. Alan members access a delightful health insurance coverage bundled with innovative healthcare services.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan became the first independent health insurance company in France since 1986 to receive a license.
Alan distributes its own health insurance plans to companies of all sizes as well as to independent professionals.
By providing its members with a delightful health experience and beautifully designed tools, Alan's long-term goal is to deliver personalised and delightful healthcare to hundreds of millions of Europeans, and beyond.
As of today, Alan covers more than 155,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D fundinground bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 350 people, and growing We recently landed in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
⭐️ The challenge ⭐️
Our Operations team guarantees the delivery at scale of the insurance product, efficiently and delightfully.
On a day-to-day basis, that will mean simplifying processes and how users interact with us. In other words, we are the enablers towards transparency and operational efficiency. This will ensure that we provide the best user experience ever.
Our goal is to identify how to re-invent processes and improve the product. We need Ops to use this knowledge to completely change the way we think about insurance processes to truly re-engineer how we function (not just upgrading existing ways of doing) so that the company can scale without any trade-off on user experience.
Being an Ops at Alan means joining a team of 10 talented, committed and passionate Ops experts, with a lot of interactions with Engineering, Product, Care and many other teams at Alan.
We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
Our process is very simple: those who make decisions are the same ones who build them.
Here is a testimony of Laurane, about her missions as an Ops: https://blog.alan.com/bien-etre-au-travail/metier-ops-alan
⭐️ Profile and competencies we are looking for ⭐️
- a passion for digging into technical processes, while making them clear and delightful for our internal operators and members
- an excellent problem-solver mindset with proven analytical skills
- strong written and verbal communication skills in English & French
- a level of autonomy allowing you to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- an appetite to learn new tools, technologies, and methodologies
- great organization and follow-up skills
- no fear of getting your hands dirty
- a strong sense of accountability and empathy for customers
- a sensibility for Product and UX
- a great attitude and ability to collaborate in a small team
- an ability to thrive in environments with a high level of uncertainty
- technical data skills (SQL,etc.), in order to be fully autonomous from engineers when having to drill into the data
- experience/knowledge in the Health or Payment Industries
It’s even better if you have:
⭐️ The Alan Method ⭐️
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that translate into our approach to work:
- We solve big problems, quickly, with focus
- We tell and share everything
- We also encourage interns to have the full ownership of their topics
- As an intern, you grow as an individual and take part in the development of the company like any other Alaner
Alaners are provided a stimulating environment for them to focus on the essential: their work. Therefore, we offer:
- Competitive compensation packages
- An awesome office in the center of Paris
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The necessary equipment for you to do your best work (Noise Cancelling Headphones, a Macbook Pro, secondary screen, etc.). You can have them at home, in case you are mostly working remotely
- And a lot more great stuff (feel free to ask)!