Anywhere in France /
Product – Product Management /
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 400,000 members, representing over €275m+ of annualized revenue. We raised a further €183m in a series E funding round in 2022 bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐️ The product manager role ⭐️
Product Managers at Alan are responsible for the product strategy in their area, going deep on user needs and defining the product roadmap.
They work closely with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers and data scientists to define the right product and implement it (we call this a crew).
They partner with other teams to align our product vision across all parts of the business: customer care, operations, insurance. We have ambitious goals for the coming years as we aim to keep growing while aiming for profitability in 2024.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of topics you could help us with:
- Retirees: We have built an insurance product for retirees. What would you do to the product, the pricing, the experience, the sales process to make it a successful business line (Insurance offer area, where we build the stack enabling the diversity of our insurance offering)
- Overpayment: We currently leak more money than we'd like to because of overpayments, for various reasons, and we only recover a portion of it (Claim Management area, where we strive to process our claims with both efficiency and delight)
- Tailoring insights: to guide customers in building healthy work environments, we want to provide relevant insights & related actions that will help Customers perceive & increase the value they get from Alan (Customer Health Partner area, where we build upon our historical insurance relationship with companies to become their health partner)
You will work with a diverse product management team with members having previous experiences in Paris, New York, London and San Francisco both at established tech companies or in starting their own.
⭐️ Is it what you are looking for? ⭐️
You may be a great fit at Alan if you have:
- At least 2 years of experience in a product-related role (Product Manager, Founder, Business strategy).
- A data-driven, structured, and fact-based decision-making style.
- The ability to extract opinionated product insights from a limited set of data and qualitative feedback.
- Strong written communication skills in internal- and external-facing settings.
- Experience interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm about teamwork, an open and curious mindset, and the desire to learn and teach with others.
- The will to deeply challenge the status quo in the insurance and healthcare industries.
- Fluency in French and English.
- (As a plus) Experience coordinating with a distributed team.
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium, blog and Glassdoor page for more info.