France, Belgium, Spain, Remote possible /
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan's long-term goal is to offer personalised healthcare to millions of Europeans, and beyond.
As of today, Alan covers more than 170,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 400 people and growing. We recently landed in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
🤘 How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
💎 Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
The role of a User Researcher at Alan is to:
- Gather and prioritize key questions from product, design, engineering and various other teams
- Plan and conduct practical, impactful research throughout the entire product cycle, to answer the questions posed above
- Gather insights about customers from a variety of research methods, including surveys, interviews, diary studies and usability studies
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative results and convey those insights to the appropriate people in the most engaging and actionable manner
- Work closely with product teams to help them use research insights to make Alan better
- Work closely with analytics and data science to tell a cohesive story about our product
- Act as an internal evangelist for user and product research
You might be a good fit if:
Knowledge and experience
- Strong experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative research (survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
- Ability to mix and match methods as needed & expertise in knowing why to use certain methods for certain problems.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to take data & concisely identify what is useful to the team
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
Communication and collaboration
- Competent and confident communicator that is able to provide rationale in a clear, thoughtful and easy to follow way
- Strong story-telling skills and an ability to frame insights into compelling narratives
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate with team members and stakeholders in the past, building constructive & productive relationships
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance with Alan Blue - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave & Childcare. Extended parental leave for all new parents & daycare solutions (France only).