User Care Expert - France 🇫🇷
Anywhere in France /
Process & Operations – Care /
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 400,000 members, representing over €275m+ of annualized revenue. We raised a further €183m in a series E funding round in 2022 bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
🚀 The Challenge 🚀
Taking care of our clients is at the heart of our business. Our User Care Experts (UCEs) are on the frontline to answer our members, solve their problems and offer an amazing customer experience. We are currently hiring experienced User Care Experts, with varied and interesting challenges to solve.
We wrote an article (in French) about Care at Alan. You should read it 😁
👩💻Helping our members
Your first mission will be to deal with member requests in a meaningful, delightful and timely manner. Your goal is to be transparent, accurate, clear and helpful to our members.
The topics UCEs deal with are wide-ranging and complex. You will acquire a strong knowledge of the French healthcare system, but you will also be dealing with our B2B customers who choose Alan as their corporate health insurance. Being efficient, professional and empowering them to gain the most value from our products is essential.
All UCEs work on a Care project outside of their time answering our members. The focus of these projects depends on each individual’s interest and background.
We are looking for experienced individuals who will:
- Manage key process improvement
- Use analysis to identify areas for improvement and find potential solutions
- Own the process of implementation
- Lead a crew of Alaners to help achieve their goal.
Some examples of such tasks might be:
- Lead initiatives on how we empower members and make them more autonomous, as well as upskill new Alaners.
- Own the structuring of the team in order to improve the Care team’s organisation.
- Contribute to improving our product, for instance by being involved in cross communities projects.
- Participate in our growth effort by helping to convert prospects into customers.
- Contribute to hiring amazing new UCEs!
Another responsibility will be to coach more junior members of the Care team, because at Alan, we believe in helping each other grow.
Since we have a very flat structure without the classic management hierarchy, the experienced User Care Experts play an important role in developing the skills and career progression of several User Care Experts.
⭐ Join The Care team! ⭐️
You would be happy at Alan if you:
- Have a genuine passion for caring for our members, and solving their problems
- Can speak and write impeccable in French, as well as English
- Are comfortable with computers and technology in general
- Are at ease with answering our members by email and chat as well as calling them back by phone
- Have a very empathetic and serene state of mind
- Are motivated and enterprising
- Have an enthusiasm for teamwork, learning and teaching
Bonus points if you know how the French healthcare system works — if you don't, we will teach you. 😉
Everything else you know is a plus.
We want our team to be made up of a diversity of experiences and backgrounds, so feel free to apply if you come from the following backgrounds:
- HR (Transformation, organisational design, business partnering)
- Quality Policy Writing/ Journalism/Communications
- Project Management
- Key Account Management
We are also looking for candidates who are willing to work on Saturdays (and thus not work on another day from Monday to Friday in compensation). You can tell us your preference in the application form.
ℹ️ To work as a User Care Expert 🇫🇷, you must live in France (fiscal residence) and have a time difference of less than 3 hours with metropolitan France.
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium, blog and Glassdoor page for more info.