France, Remote possible /
Permanent Employment Contract
⭐️ Who we are ⭐️
Hello there, we’re Alan.
Wait… what is Alan?
Alan exists to reimagine the health system by creating a better experience centered on the user. Alan is a subscription to better living, where health is a part of the way you want to live, not a restriction on your way of living. Alan is your friend in health and your partner in the system.
We started by creating the first digital health insurance company in Europe! Specifically, we’re the first new insurance company in France since… 1986! And we’ve raised more than €125m in less than four years from leading investors such as Index Ventures, Temasek and DST Global Partners.
⭐️ The challenge ⭐️
We are looking for someone to help us deliver our long-term vision to be the healthcare super-app that delivers personalised and delightful healthcare to hundreds of millions of people, with access to information, proactive care, care delivery, and post-care whether it is digital or physical.
We are only at the start of this journey, so the Medical Ops role is a mix of running and optimising processes related to existing health services, setting up new processes, and contributing to our healthcare vision by bringing the Ops perspective.
We need team members to be ready to disrupt the way we traditionally think about healthcare, and truly re-engineer the healthcare experience we offer to our members (not just upgrading existing ways of doing).
We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
Example of missions:
- Run and improve the operations related to our medical chat, supervise and grow the team of doctors
- Run the partnership with our teleconsultation partner, track volumes and launch initiatives to increase traction and improve member satisfaction
- Build and scale new processes to support the healthcare services we are building for insured members. Examples of services: finding the right HP, centralising all health documents in the Alan app, etc.
- Contribute to building and scaling our first segment-specific B2C product (Alan Baby): organise live events with influencers, set-up a team of midwives to answer Alan Baby members’ questions, etc.
- Build our strategic roadmap to become a telehealth platform: map existing landscape and market trends, define priority telehealth use cases, explore build/buy/partner options, etc.
⭐️ Profile and competencies we are looking for ⭐️
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills: ability to consider complex problems and factor in different dimensions (business, customer experience, regulatory, etc.) with a deep level of structure
- Passionate about digging into ops processes: ability to build and optimise processes that ensure quality of service, performance and scalability, while making them clear and delightful internally and for our members
- Strong analytical skills and ability to conduct deep data analysis
- Experience building new and early-staged products and services with a user-centric approach, understanding of key principles of early-stage products such as traction, retention, learning loop, etc.
- Comfortable in environments where there is a high level of uncertainty, ability to remain proactive and biased to action in exploratory project stages
- Highly adaptable and fast learner : excited to learn new tools, technologies, and methodologies
- Highly organised, able to handle many different tasks in parallel
- Team player: great attitude and ability to collaborate in multidisciplinary teams that include clinicians
- Strong English & French written and verbal communication
- Healthcare/digital health experience, passion for healthcare delivery (not a requirement but strong plus)
- SQL knowledge allowing to be fully autonomous when drilling into the data (not a requirement but strong plus)
⭐️ The Alan Method ⭐️
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that translate into our approach to work:
- We solve big problems, quickly, with focus
- We tell and share everything
- We grow as individuals while we are developing the company
Alaners are provided a stimulating environment for them to focus on the essential: their work. Therefore, we offer:
- Competitive compensation packages, along with meaningful equity
- An awesome office in the center of Paris
- Relocation packages for our international candidates
- A great healthcare program (yes, Alan 🙂)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The necessary equipment for you to do your best work (Noise Cancelling Headphones, a Macbook Pro, secondary screen, etc.). You can have them at home, in case you are mostly working remotely
- And a lot more great stuff (feel free to ask)!