France, Remote possible /
Permanent Employment Contract
⭐️Who we are ⭐️
Hello there, we’re Alan.
But… what is Alan???
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised information, proactive care, care delivery, payment and post-care. Alan members access a delightful health insurance coverage bundled with innovative healthcare services.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan became the first independent health insurance company in France since 1986 to receive a license.
Alan distributes its own health insurance plans to companies of all sizes as well as to independent professionals.
By providing its members with a delightful health experience and beautifully designed tools, Alan's long-term goal is to deliver personalised and delightful healthcare to hundreds of millions of Europeans, and beyond.
As of today, Alan covers more than 155,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 350 people and growing We recently landed in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
⭐️Operations at Alan ⭐️
Our Operations team guarantees the delivery at scale of our product, efficiently and delightfully.
On a day-to-day basis, this means building and optimising processes and providing the best user experience to our members. In other words, our goal is to ensure the company can scale without any trade-off on quality and satisfaction.
Especially, as we anchor our position in France, expand into an international platform and diversify our offering with more health-related services (telehealth, prevention programmes etc), our operations are becoming very complex and our challenges ahead have never been as exciting!
Being an Ops at Alan means joining a team of 10 talented, committed and passionate Ops experts from three different countries, with a lot of interactions with Engineering, Product, Care and many other teams at Alan.
The Operations Community’s core responsibilities is to strengthen our operational capabilities and scale our platform efficiently to handle fast growth, cost optimisation and product diversification.
To that end, we are looking for Senior Operations experts with a strong track record in scaling operations and great entrepreneurial mindsets to help us make our crazy ambitions come true.
The main missions will involve:
- Build: Lead and implement very strategic projects such as the launch of new insurance products, internalisation of stackflows, creation of new health services offering etc with full ownership on the deliverables and impact
- Operational excellence: Build granular understanding of our operations, identify continuous improvement initiatives and push automation of our processes and workflows
- Operating model: Optimise and revamp our operating model to anticipate fast growth while keeping high member and clients satisfaction
- Strategy / Leadership: Define Ops strategic vision on Company’s key topics, drive alignment at Company level and navigate through the different teams to make things happen
- People growth: Mentor team members by providing the right level of support, helping them grow and offering the right platform to learn
⭐️ Profile & Competencies ⭐️
- Successful track record in scaling a company or setting up complex operations (5-10 years experience)
- Able to define a strategic vision and drill down into an actionable plan and roadmap
- Passionate for digging into technical processes, while making them clear and delightful for our internal operators and members
- Excellent analytical skills involving data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication in both English and French
- Able to lead, attract top talents, mentor and make people grow
- Capacity to navigate through an organisation, work with transversal teams and handle very different stakeholders
- At ease to work independently with a strong capacity to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Not scared of getting his hands dirty and dive into any problem
- Portrays a general growth mindset and challenges Alan’s past decision.
- A sensibility for Product / UX, and towards member’s satisfaction
Underrepresented folks: science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don't have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply. We aim to perform the fairest hiring process to ensure you would be set up for success joining the Alan Ops team regardless of any personal situation. We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
As a few examples of how we put this value into action:
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a "work from anywhere" company)
- We extend the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements regardless of their legal status
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks