Product Marketing - Market intelligence
France, Belgium, Spain, Remote possible /
Growth & Marketing /
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan's long-term goal is to help all people have a personalised and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, Alan covers more than 170,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 400+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
🤘 How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
💎 Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a “work from anywhere” company).
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
🚀 PRODUCT MARKETING TEAM 🚀
Being a Product Marketing Manager at Alan means joining a cross-functional team and being at the heart of the company's growth.
You'll be at the crossroads between the Sales team, the Insurance team and the Product team to make sure we deliver value to our customers.
⭐️ YOUR MISSION ⭐️
What will you do as Market intelligence Specialist within the Product Marketing team at Alan?
- Contribute to building offers at scale: work closely with the broader marketing, product, sales and insurance communities to design and evolve our product range per segment (matching customers needs and beating other competitors) and make these offers a success
- Market, competitors, clients insights: understand market big picture and trends on health insurance and disability, understand our competitors positioning and strategies (product range, go to market, content, sales tactics, pricing…), develop a deep understanding of Alan core target audiences and build smart strategies to engage this audience effectively. Define Alan’s unique selling points and battle cards.
- Product range and pricing strategy: based on the market understanding and Alan’s performance, define the product range for each sector (low-cost and premium offers, level of guarantees and options in each pack…) and give insights to define the pricing (based on strong analytics: pricing elasticity and sensitivity)
- Data: Make sure valuable infos are logged into the CRM (infos about competitors, contracts...) and leverage this data (pricing elasticity and distribution, competitors infos...) to drive business decisions. Help scale our CRM to automate competitive data collection.
⭐️ JOIN THE GROWTH MARKETING TEAM ⭐️
You will be a good fit for the role if you have:
- Experience in B2B customers insights and market intelligence
- Experience in defining, positioning and launching offers
- Both strategic thinking and hands-on
- Excellent analytical skills, KPI-driven
- The ability to interact directly with various stakeholders (Sales, marketers, Customer care, Product managers...)
What are the personality traits that enable someone to be successful in this role?
- You are open to failure
- You are fluent in French
- You have the ability to synthesize complex insights into structured and easy to digest format.
- You are highly methodical with fact-based decision making skills.
- You're a self-starter who can work independently and proactively to resolve issues, take ownership of tools, processes and reporting.
- You are able to take a step back.
- You have great teamwork skills, you're able to align multiple stakeholders.
Everything else is a plus. We care about having a diversity of experiences and backgrounds in our team.
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.