Senior Product Designer
Anywhere in France, Belgium, Spain /
Product – Design /
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 425,000 members, representing over €290m+ of annualized revenue.
The team is 520+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
👉 About the role
Product designers at Alan are at the forefront of building our product(s), taking them from inception to completion. They work hand in hand with product managers, researchers, and engineers to ensure we create meaningful and human experiences that improve the health of our members.
The community of designers is vibrant and inclusive; we are all learning, growing, and improving together!
As a senior product designer, you will be expected to:
- Develop a product vision and enable teams to explore, ideate, and experiment towards it. When required, you should be able to autonomously take product bets from zero to one.
- Communicate transversally and be a compelling storyteller, employing written visual and verbal techniques.
- Build an understanding of our members to nurture product thinking and transform insights into actionable opportunities.
- Maintain strong working relationships and collaborate with product managers, researchers, and engineers, from identifying problems and opportunities to finding solutions and delivering the product(s).
- Develop and evangelize design understanding and sensibility across the organization, improving ways of working and design processes.
- Mentor junior designers, increasing collective performance and quality across the team.
- Deliver a UI consistent with Alan’s brand with thoughtful design choices and a high-quality bar in delivering products.
- Contribute to the design system with components documentation for designers and engineers.
- Evaluate and maintain the quality of Alan’s product through continuous monitoring and testing.
- Minimum 6 years of experience designing and building product(s).
- Shipped high-quality products within a product and engineering team.
- Previous experience in coaching junior designers.
- Detail-oriented, with expertise in UX, UI, and visual design. Able to deliver production-ready assets for development.
- Fluency in English is required. French is not mandatory.
🙌 Products you may work on
Company experience: Enable companies to subscribe to Alan and manage the health insurance of their employees efficiently.
Member experience: Help members access and use their healthcare and services.
Health Partner XP: Empower members to take care of their health with health services such as mental health, our back pain program, Alan Clinic, and many others.
Internal tools: Support Care, Health, and Sales teams with efficient tools to best serve members.
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.