Anywhere in France /
Revenue – Sales Strategy & Ops /
Permanent Employment Contract
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 400,000 members, representing over €275m+ of annualized revenue. We raised a further €183m in a series E funding round in 2022 bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐️ The Sales Enablement role ⭐️
You will be part of the Sales Strategy & Operations team whose main goal is to
- Define the strategy to achieve our growth and margin objectives
- Deeply understand and be able to explain performance
- Enable one of the most effective Sales teams in the tech industry
The Sales Strategy & Operations team conducts critical strategic, analytical and operational projects designed to accelerate member growth (with a focus on member acquisition) and sales productivity. There are four main components to the work the community does
- Sales strategy and planning (incl. strat plan, objective setting, territory design)
- Sales performance monitoring and explanation (incl. reporting, data model)
- Sales tools and processes (incl. the tech stack and its usage)
- Sales organization and capability building
Across all these areas we work very closely with the Sales and Account Management teams.
The scope of the role is European (France, Belgium and Spain for the time being).
⭐️ Your mission ⭐️
Help build a best in class global Sales and Account Management team by designing and deploying capability building programs and deeply embedding within these teams the motivation and mechanisms for continuous improvement.
Engage with a broad range of stakeholders (Sales leaders, Marketing, Sales Strategy & Operations, Sales), leverage data, field observations and 360 feedback to identify the most important capability building needs.
Design best in class onboarding programs and transformative training programs that
- Shorten the time required for new joiners to reach optimal performance in a new company
- Identify new training needs and make sure we have the best people engaged to deliver them
- Build and ensure adoption of an ongoing training program to make sure our Sales team’s knowledge remains up to date on fast changing topics: insurance, legal environment, product features
- Ensure best practices are well documented and shared across the sales community and that our sales documentation is up to date
- Integrate best in class/ proven as well as novel learning approaches (e.g., new adult learning and motivation techniques, new learning tools)
- Deliver a great and inspirational experience for attendees
Partner with other internal and external stakeholders to deliver these capability building programs and build playbooks for the Sales and Account Management teams. You will own specific delivery workstreams as well.
Ensure that these programs and initiatives are tied to the strategic objectives of the company (growth, retention, upsell) and assess their impact on these objectives.
⭐️ If you have some of the following, you may be a great fit ⭐️
- Experience in Sales (former Sales/ Sales lead) or working closely with Sales (Sales Operations, Sales Enablement)
- Great written and oral structure
- Communication abilities, including comfortable speaking to larger groups of people
- Great pedagogical skills
- Great project management skills (planning, coordination with multiple stakeholders)
- People skills: empathy, listening, collaboration
- Genuine passion for helping others succeed
- Willingness to get your hands dirty (you will own some delivery workstreams, ensure that our sales playbooks are up to date etc)
- Continuous growth/ improvement mindset, appetite and curiosity for the latest learning techniques and tools
- Business sense and KPI driven mindset
- Fluency in English and preferably French
- Nice to have: Previous experience doing a similar role in a B2B company and fluency in Spanish
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium, blog and Glassdoor page for more info.