Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Team
Redwood City, California /
Engineering – Engineering - US /
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the third time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating (4.7 out of 5!) reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
The Cloud Team’s mission is to innovate the architectural vision of the Alation Data Catalog Platform from the ground up. In this role, this individual will bring deep cloud and platform expertise to collaborate side-by-side with all levels of Engineering to technically design and deliver this platform centered on data intelligence. This initiative will further propel Alation as the product leader in the Data Catalog space.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your expertise with cloud platforms and computation, designing and building platforms at cloud scale, and your experience delivering platforms end-to-end that operate seamlessly and cleanly for large customer bases, will be applied to engineering this critical infrastructure to meet rapidly evolving customer needs.
What you’ll do:
- Work on multi-tenant cloud technology and microservice creation, from proof-of-concept code to design, analysis and implementation, to build it to perfection
- Leverage your technology experience to influence technology direction and decision making, scaling up all aspects of the cloud (containerization, auto-scaling, operational efficiency and effectiveness, monitoring, etc.)
- Continuously share your technical leadership and innovation across the Alation engineering organization
- Work with the team to deliver a platform that operates and computes seamlessly, and clearly demonstrates innovation to match Alation’s product leadership
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience and results in building multi-tenant cloud technologies and stateless microservices from design and analysis to delivery
- Experience in GO and Python will get more serious consideration!
- Deep and broad foundational knowledge of cloud technologies such as containerization (Kubernetes, Docker), the cloud networking stack, content delivery systems and more
- To be a team player that shares technical leadership across an engineering organization
- 7+ years experience in the space, backed by a high quality computer science education/degree
- An innovation mindset to solve problems in a leading-edge new technology space
Base Salary Target: $204,755 - $235,000
The base salary range is specific to the United States. The salary of the final candidate selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to internal equity, experience, education, work location, specialty and training. If the final candidate has a different level of experience, the base salary target range may be lower or higher than what is published.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!