Director, Customer Success Management
Chicago, Illinois /
Customer Success – Customer Success - US /
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of our customers, “Alation is our one-stop-shop for our data and analytics. It’s bringing people together to collaborate and solve our business problems.”
More than 400 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, Allianz Global Investors, American Family Insurance, Autozone, Cisco, Draft Kings, Exelon, Fifth Third Bank, Finnair, General Mills, Munich Re, NASDAQ, Parexel, Pfizer, Salesforce, Virgin Australia, and Vistaprint.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is a 3X winner of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire, and Snowflake Ventures. For more information, visit alation.com.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth and recognizes your unique value?
As the Director of Customer Success, you will build and lead the regional team of Customer Success Managers and focused specialists. This team works directly with customers to drive a data culture within their organization. This is a remote role based in Australia reporting to the VP of Global Customer Success. The director will lead a team of seasoned Customer Success Managers for our Eastern Region.
This individual will lead a team of up to six diverse individuals who own the engagement, retention, and growth of customers. The right candidate will have experience creating team efficiencies, engaging with customers, building trusted relationships, and implementing internal and external engagement strategies.
If you are truly passionate about making your team of customer advocates the best in the business and have a proven track record to talk about, then apply for this opportunity to directly impact Alation’s overall success and growth.
What you’ll need:
- Passionate about building customer success "Brand" - Being a difference maker
- DNA - You possess the “Helper Gene” and are proactive in acting on behalf of your customers
- Previous leadership experience of CS teams in a SaaS or subscription enterprise software companyProven experience leading teams, driving new and expansion, driving software adoption and leveraging customer success best practices
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and successfully manage global, distributed teams across cultures, lines of business, and geographies
- Possesses a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem solving, communication, delegation and planning
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Able to collaborate across the organization and with external stakeholders
- You are not afraid of travel (post COVID19) and want to build long-lasting personal relationships with our customers
- You like the start-up environment and can wear your hat in any direction
- Superb ability to build rapport with customers and to represent their best interests
- Experience successfully working with senior (C-level) executives
What you will help your team accomplish:
- Develop strategic deployment plans for your portfolio of customers
- Own the engagement and adoption strategy at all stages of the customer life-cycle
- Proactively manage the day to day account health of those customers, including monitoring usage, regular cadence calls, and Customer Business Reviews
- Onboard new customers, community and support processes
- Serve as a trusted advisor to customers by providing expert guidance and best practices to address their business goals, needs, and pain points
- Identify renewal risk and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure a successful renewal
- Partner closely with sales to manage account strategy and ensure customer growth and retention
- Be the voice of the customer as you partner with support, engineering, marketing, product, and sales to shape product development and deliver a best-in-class customer experience
- Work with the field team to properly sell and position Professional Services Offerings
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!