Full Stack Software Engineer - Data Governance
Engineering – Engineering - India /
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
What does the Data Governance Team do?
The Data Governance team owns the process of managing the availability, usability, integrity, and security of the data in enterprise systems, based on internal data standards and policies that also control data usage. Effective data governance ensures that data is consistent, trustworthy, easily accessible to those who need it and doesn't get misused. This includes user-facing features like defining policies and access control via workflow capabilities, curating the right data and metrics and a lot of exciting data focused features
What you'll do:
- Build frameworks that will be used by other teams
- Design both internal and customer-facing APIs that are fast and flexible
- Collaborate with our product design team to provide the highest quality user experience
- Make smart scoping and priority decisions to ship fast, impactful code
- Work directly with users to integrate feedback into our designs and priorities
- Work on the code spanning frontend and backend systems
- Build and maintain a secure, scalable, high-performance, and fault-tolerant distributed systems
You should have:
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Are an engineer with 4+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services.
- Have desire to dive into details of complex code that runs at scale via on-prem delivery model
- Are able to identify solutions that improve quality of service and reduce operational and support burden
- Understand how to translate business requirements and “user needs” into code – experience owning projects or features from planning to release is a plus
- Are adaptable and prepared for a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
- Have experience building single page applications - React JS and Django REST Framework or FastAPI are a huge plus - WebSockets or Server-Sent Events a bonus
- Strong experience with Python - Django ORM and Celery are a plus
- Have a solid understanding of object-orientation and experience with OOP in Python – with Java a plus.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!