Senior Regional Marketing Manager, UK and Nordics
Marketing – Marketing - UK /
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking for a dynamic and strategic Regional Marketing Manager with knowledge in the data & analytics market to drive the adoption of Alation’s data intelligence solutions in EMEA. The goal of this role is to establish partnerships with sales and the broader marketing team, and plan and execute targeted marketing activities in your region to establish Alation as the market leader in data intelligence solutions. You will report to the Director, EMEA Marketing, and this position requires a unique blend of B2B marketing, creativity and the ability to work well in a team environment managing multiple projects. This is a great opportunity to become part of a cross-functional team responsible for driving significant regional pipeline and revenue.
- Partner with sales to develop annual and quarterly marketing plans based on regional strategy, targets and priorities. Identify key target accounts and audiences, define regional campaigns required to support sales goals
- Collaborate with marketing peers and sales leadership to create and gain consensus for go-to-market (GTM) plans in alignment with strategic product mandates and sales directives
- Help design customer and prospect campaigns to generate demand, strengthening assigned pipeline goals
- Drive account-based marketing strategy against target accounts in EMEA in partnership with sales
- Partner with the customer marketing team to source and connect with customers on reference activities including event presentations, videos and case studies
- Drive co-marketing activities with global and regional partners to drive awareness and pipeline generation
- Target and promote thought leadership content and new marketing assets that align with the customer journey, sales buying stages and support the GTM plan for specific accounts
- Measure the impact of marketing activities on customer growth, retention and financial outcomes, and communicate these impacts within the organization
- Identify opportunities to improve go-to-market strategy & tactic effectiveness through better audience segmentation, marketing techniques and processes
- 7+ years of experience in Regional Marketing in B2B technology
- Success in building and executing integrated campaigns, leveraging multiple channels to reach your target audience
- Clear understanding of technology, data applications, cloud and emerging technologies with the capability to skillfully integrate into programs that deliver on sales and product objectives
- Strong writing and presentation skills to translate detailed content into impactful go-to-market materials including web, email and social content
- Successful direct and digital marketing campaign experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve hands-on results working cross-functionally with sales, marketing and product teams
- Goal-oriented, collaborative, customer-focused, detailed, persistent, active listener, resourceful, influence
- Understands how to build and execute a campaign from concept to measurement in market
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills with attention to detail. An ability to take the initiative and deliver projects unsupervised.
- Have a strong, metrics-driven background and the ability to utilize both qualitative and quantitative data
- You understand the importance of relationships and love working with other teams to achieve the best possible result
- Experience communicating effectively with senior-level executives and account executives
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working with a wide variety of cross-functional teams and vendors
- Ability to deal with occasional ambiguity and courage to take risks and try new things
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!