Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (SDET) - Anywhere Team
Wrocław, Poland /
Engineering – Engineering - Poland /
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion and 350+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the third time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating (4.9 out of 5!) reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth and recognizes your unique value?
We are looking for an QA Automation Engineer to join our brand new engineering team in Wroclaw! We are looking for a passionate QA engineer ready to participate in a great adventure! You will work with the best engineers all around the world, share your best practices and build unique solutions used by more than 250 customers around different locations including Poland!
You can forget about old and smelly code! Being a part of our team you will work on integrating our product with other platforms like Tableau, Slack, GMail and others. We want you to grow with us by delivering new features to existing products and creating new projects from scratch.
- Design and implement functional and end-to-end tests on all levels: UI, API, DB
- Use your full breadth of experience to test functionality, write thoughtful manual and automated test cases and use your programming skills to implement automation
- Use your knowledge of relational databases and Linux to analyse and understand production environment, reproduce customer issues in our labs, make root cause analysis, verify fixes and track them to closure
- Prepare a comprehensive plan/strategy to increase test coverage and quality by automating production issues
- Gain understanding of the product ecosystem and integration of the product with external systems
- Develop maintainable and scalable test automation systems
- Drive continuous improvement of the software development and testing process
- Work closely with the Engineering and Product team to continuously raise the bar on quality, timeliness and innovation
You should have:
- Strong analytical and technical mindset (e.g., a CS degree or extensive experience)
- 3+ years of experience in manual and automation testing area using Java or Python
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools (e.g. Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber)
- Experience with REST API testing using Postman, Insomnia
- Practical experience with RDBMS and SQL
- Deep understanding of product life cycle
- Knowledge of CI tools e.g. Jenkins
- Experience in working in agile teams
- Good communication skills and eager to learn attitude
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!