Software Engineer-Catalog Team
Engineering – 507 Catalog /
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the third time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating (4.7 out of 5!) reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
What you'll do:
- Automate critical workflows at Alation with Python automation scripts
- Design, develop and test Infrastructure as Code(IaC) solutions.
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and scaling of the AWS cloud infrastructure within Alation.
- You will develop high-quality clean code that is performant, resilient, observable and maintainable.
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to drive best practices and identify innovative strategies for successful delivery.
You may be a perfect fit if you have
- Have 4+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- Expertise in Python and Django.
- Hands-on experience in creating Terraform scripts targeting efficiency, security, and cost-saving.
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies(Specifically Kubernetes, Docker)
- Define, install, and upgrade complex Kubernetes applications with Helm Charts.
- Good if you are experienced in designing In-Memory architectures leveraging Amazon ElastiCache.
- Innovate and scale architectural best practices around building and operating NoSQL workloads, focusing on Amazon Keyspaces.
- Develop and automate Jenkins CD pipeline using configuration management tools such as Chef.
- A good understanding of micro services and event driven architectures.
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal. You’ll be relied on by leadership and other technical specialists for advice and direction – you must be able to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Have a good understanding of architectural conventions such as RESTful API design, concepts of algorithmic complexity
- Worked with Relational Databases - Postgres is a plus!
- Are adaptable and prepared for a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!