Regional Sales Manager - UAE and Growth Markets
Sales – Sales - UK & EMEA /
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of our customers, “Alation is our one-stop-shop for our data and analytics. It’s bringing people together to collaborate and solve our business problems.”
More than 400 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, Allianz Global Investors, American Family Insurance, Autozone, Cisco, Draft Kings, Exelon, Fifth Third Bank, Finnair, General Mills, Munich Re, NASDAQ, Parexel, Pfizer, Salesforce, Virgin Australia, and Vistaprint.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is a 3X winner of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire, and Snowflake Ventures. For more information, visit alation.com.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth and recognizes your unique value?
The Manager, Regional Sales provides leadership under the regions of Southern Europe, the UAE and Africa and will focus on areas of high-growth and Partner led sales. This role is ideally located in Duabi or the UK.
- Manage a team of Account Executives to aid in the performance of the region.
- Execute the business plan, with emphasis on developing and maintaining strong business relationships at the executive level within this geography, driving individual performance of group members and ensuring that the team operates cohesively.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive transactional sales as well as expanding the install base.
- Manage Territory Development plans that increase both pipeline and new customers.
- Develop a comprehensive customer relations strategy and monitor its effectiveness through regular contact with customers.
- Develop coverage plan for assigned geography, including strategy to penetrate new accounts and grow existing accounts.
- Hold weekly meetings with Account Executives to review pipeline, coverage, etc.
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities.
- Develop plans for target markets including tactics for penetration into new accounts and cross selling to existing customers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10-15 years of work experience in Enterprise Level Sales.
- Experience working and developing a high growth focused team
- A background working within the Southern Europe, UEA, and African regions, and developing a prosperous client base in these locations
- 2+ years direct people management experience
- 2 plus years in a managerial role data and analytics experience.
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to think strategically and analyse the needs of clients.
- Excellent business acumen with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work towards an individual or team goals.
- Demonstrated project/stakeholder management/organisational skills.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!