Sr. SDET - Cloud
Engineering – Engineering - India /
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is seeking a talented and experienced engineer to join our QA team in Bangalore, Chennai or Ahmedabad location. Selected candidate will be part of the mission critical Customer Growth Engineering team that works on critical customer issues and on sales/revenue blockers. This is a highly visible team, up to the level of the CEO, and you will be working with multiple stakeholders from different teams such as Product Management, Sales Engineering, Release Engineering, Technical Support, and Customer Success.
What you'll do:
- You will use your full breadth of experience as SDET to test functionality, to write thoughtful manual and automated test cases, and use your programming skills to implement automation.
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing functional and end-to-end tests, and will work at UI, API and database levels
- Use your knowledge of databases, SQL and Linux to analyze and understand production environment, to verify fixes, build test automation, and track them to closure
- Gain understanding of the product ecosystem and integration of the product with external systems. Use this knowledge to improve product quality and to increase test coverage through automation
- Continuously think about ways to develop maintainable and scalable test automation systems
- Drive continuous improvement of the software development and testing process
- You will understand the product on the whole and will work with both internal and external teams to understand and reproduce Customer Issues and configurations in our Lab.
You should have:
- Depth of knowledge in computer science (e.g., a CS degree or extensive experience)
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong experience in testing Enterprise products
- Working experience with relational databases like (Oracle/SQLServer/snowflake etc )
- Hands on experience in assortment of test automation and scripting tools like Selenium, Python
- Experience on working with API testing
- Experience working on cloud applications and services (kubernetes, microservices testing, pytest etc)
- Experience in developing automated scripts to test application functionality on different browsers
- Working experience in Unix/Linux
- Good written communication skills
- Passionate about product testing.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!