Senior Business Development Consultant - APAC
Business Development – Business Development - APAC /
Full Time /
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
The Business Development Partner will be responsible for supporting the Cloud partner Org in building and growing Alation’s critical cloud alliances. The ideal candidate has a strong technology background, a collaborative work style, and the execution of successful revenue-producing partnerships with cloud providers.
What you will be doing:
- Help develop and execute against the Territory Partner Plan
- Drive Partner Sourced and Attached revenue
- Design, develop and implement Partner go-to-market initiatives
- Drive joint demand generation activities working in collaboration with Partner Marketing
- Drive Partner Sales and Technical Accreditation and Certification programs in collaboration with Sales Engineering and Professional Services
What you need to have:
- 3+ years Partner Development experience
- 3+ years Partner development and business development experience
- An understanding of the data management and analytics market and ecosystem
- Experience working with Microsoft or AWS Partner & Marketplace programs
- 8+ years experience working in field based positions: Partner Management, Customer Success, Sales, marketing, Solution Engineer or Business Development
- Experience working with quota carrying sales executives
- Demonstrated record of success, working individually and collaboratively to drive results
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
By submitting your application, you agree to Alation’s Global Privacy Notice for Candidates. If you are submitting this application on behalf of another individual, you represent that you are authorized to submit this application on their behalf and accept the Notice.