Assembly, Integration, and Test Lead
Denver, CO /
Satellite imagery is a historically-scarce resource, whose adoption has been slowed by an unbalanced relationship between price and resolution. In theory, frequent, ultra high-resolution imagery of Earth has near infinite applications; in reality, only a sliver of that potential has been realized.
Albedo aims to be the catalyst in unlocking satellite imagery’s latent potential, hoping to expand current applications and propel the discovery of new use cases. Whether our imagery is being used to reduce wildfire risk, assess the environmental impact of global forestry, contribute to timely 3D reconstructions of urban areas, or monitor carbon emissions from industrial power plants, our mission is to get better data into the hands of decision makers fast. We’re modernizing how satellite imagery is used by providing near real-time access to our ultra-high resolution data.
What We’re Up To: Albedo is developing a novel approach to the earth observation industry, both in space and with our business model. We are intentionally doing things differently by taking (calculated) risks, trying new things, and moving with speed. Our team believes satellite imagery is a valuable resource that should be made accessible, in every sense of the word. We are committed to our customers, ensuring that what we’re building is what they want. We are playing at the edges of how traditional New Space technologies have been approached, and we want to shake up the industry as it stands today.
Who We’re Looking For: Albedo is launching next-generation, ultra high-resolution imaging satellites to service a global audience through a modern, cloud-based product interface. In order to achieve this goal, we are looking for a team of people who are both passionate about our mission and are willing to put in the work to design, develop, and test an innovative earth observation concept in the commercial industry. The times ahead will be set in a fast-paced, often uncertain environment, but if you are hard-working, kind, and team-oriented, you can expect a rewarding and purposeful experience.
Albedo is looking for an Assembly Integration and Test (AI&T) and Facility lead to join our space team. You are a cross-team, multi-purpose engineer that can work gracefully and efficiently across all areas of a spacecraft bus system, learn quickly from our domain experts to increase team velocity and output, and fill in gaps as needed. Most importantly, you are a supportive, emotionally strong leader with excellent communication skills to inspire and push the rest of the team towards collective success in the build of our unique and innovative spacecraft.
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years of experience in facilities/assembly and integration of complex systems
- Knowledge of best practices for clean and systematic assembly and integration of spacecraft busses
- Experience with speeding up a process, and coming up with highly efficient build and test programs and flows
- Excellent communication of implementation techniques and tradeoffs, and what that does to cost and schedule
What You'll Do
- Own day to day operations for AI&T including management of technicians/AI&T team
- Create the assembly and integration plan for the spacecraft bus with input from other Albedo engineers
- Develop the SV logistics and test plan, including moving/lifting/shipping operations, and coordination with testing houses that are located out of our Colorado facility
- Ensure the design has the hooks in place for efficient assembly and integration, including production beyond the first unit
- Create, Plan and Lead Execution for installing the PL onto the spacecraft bus
- Plan and coordinate integrated SV (Spacecraft and Payload) environmental testing
- Execute and plan full lifecycle of functional testing for all levels of the assembly
- Own the full integration project schedule
- Detect, troubleshoot, and support integration and test issues
- Support Hardware/Software integration including continuous coordination with our Flight Software and Guidance & Navigation Control group
- Support travel to testing sites (as required)
- Own any needed maintenance and upkeep required of our Colorado facility
- Learn a ton about space, satellites, and be instrumental in putting them together and testing them!
What We Believe Are Important Traits For This Role
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively pass on and share your knowledge with others
- Flexibility: We are a small-team doing a lot of things - a flexible and positive mindset is instrumental for success!
- A humble and open mind: willingness to accept feedback and consistently improve upon yourself and the product you will be responsible for
- A high-degree of emotional intelligence: ability to collaborate closely with coworkers in a respectful and empathetic manner
- Belief in the value of diversity: active appreciation of each person’s unique perspective and realization that diversity produces better outcomes
- Alignment and willingness to champion Albedo's Core Values
- Employee friendly equity compensation
- Remote-first, asynchronous culture with flexible working hours
- 4% direct matching 401k
- Insurance: Medical, Vision, Dental, Mental Health
- Parental leave and childcare coverage
- Relocation bonus for moving to our Denver, CO HQ
- 20 paid vacation days, yours from day one
- 10 company holidays and unlimited sick days
- $100 monthly wellness benefit
- Team retreats to build relationships in-person
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires in-person engagement by working on-site, depending on the company phase. Travel to other possible non-Albedo locations may be required.
Relocation: Relocation for this position is available
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a small office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Additional Requirements: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All persons hired will be required to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Albedo is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Questions? Feedback? Feel free to email us at careers @ albedo.com