Member of Technical Staff - Distributed Systems Engineer
Backend Engineering /
We’re looking for engineers at all levels to join our backend engineering team. As a member of the early team, you will get to build our product and SaaS platform from the ground up.
Alcion is a distributed, remote-only team and we are hiring in all time zones.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and build our SaaS product from the ground up - you will build our v1 product
- Contribute to and drive open source projects
- Collaborate with a distributed team of engineers to build core components of the Alcion platform
- Work with a modern technology stack based on Golang, Containers, and public cloud services
- A strong bias toward action and direct, frequent communication
- Expertise in developing, testing, and debugging production-quality, scalable, concurrent systems
- Experience with distributed systems concepts and architecture
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and concurrency)
- Proficient in a programming language like Golang, Java, Scala or C/C++
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- Passionate about code quality, extensibility, coding standards, testing, and automation
Nice to have
- Experience building core features on storage, database, data protection or security systems.
- Public cloud development experience (AWS strongly preferred)
- Golang experience
- Open Source Software contributions
- Experience working in startup environments or on early-stage products
We start with a 60-minute intro and technical screen Zoom call with an engineering leader. Assuming there’s a mutual fit, we run through an interview loop with 3-4 team members (45-60 minutes each).
We use real-world problems in our interviews instead of LeetCode style coding challenges/puzzles that will give you a sense of the engineering tasks you will be working on.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.