Acute Care Manager LPN or RN
~ Partner Practices ~ – Partner Practices /
Location: Kintegra Family Gastonia
Position: Acute Care Manager LPN or RN
Under the direct supervision of the Population Health Manager, this person works collaboratively with Providers, clinical support staff and other health care professionals to provide a medical home and optimize care for patients and providers in a Team Based Approach to Care. The Acute Care Manger (ACM) is an integral part of the team, and is responsible for the day to day prioritization of interventions on a list of required services for patients on a provider’s panels. The work of the ACM will be driven by established quality benchmarks and clinical practices including, but not limited to, Uniform Data System (UDS), Patient Center Medial Home (PCMH) and Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS).
Minimum Qualifications: Excellent verbal communication skills. Must be able to work with changing priorities. Requires excellent organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Aptitude and understanding of a QI process methodology and proficiency in EMR documentation and electronic chart review
Experience: Minimum of (3) three years of experience in a public health or an ambulatory care setting. Education: Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in an Allied Health Field from an accredited college or university, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) preferred.
Licensure(s)/Certification(s): Unrestricted license in the state of North Carolina (if applicable); Current BLS certification.
Kintegra Health is a is a community sponsored, family-centered provider of health care, health education and preventive care services without regard to the ability to pay. We screen potential employees to first ensure alignment with our core requirements followed by the requisite position skills set. In doing so we need staff committed to this mission who do their best to live and work the characteristics of our core values as we strive to care for ever increasing members of the communities we serve.
Our goals are:
To provide continuing comprehensive and accessible primary care services to individuals and families of all economic levels within the counties we serve.
To provide primary care services to meet the physical as well as social health needs of individuals and families, promoting health maintenance, providing timely diagnostics, treatment and referral services.
To emphasize preventive care through patient and community education to help individuals become aware and responsible for their own health behaviors.
To employ an interdisciplinary team approach in collaboration with other community providers to provide a continuum of appropriate patient/family-oriented care in a cost-effective manner.
- Analyze data for assigned panels (i.e. analyze standard reports related to priority conditions, PCMH, UDS, HEDIS, GPRO; show rates, cancellations, patient care contacts, as appropriate) to determine trends, gaps and process improvement
- Conduct a pre-visit panel assessment to pro-actively drive care team communication related to required service delivery during scheduled encounters. (i.e. huddles, pre-visit planning, recalls, follow-ups).
- Maintain knowledge of daily patient schedule, to assess availability and triage work-ins.
- Triage walk-in patients and provide education utilizing the organization’s evidence based select criteria for education and triage.
- Coordinate quality improvement strategies with oversight from the Practice Manager and the assigned QI Champion as directed by the Kintegra Health QI Department working with QI Champions.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of role of providers, support staff, and EMR documentation standards in order to understand and analyze clinical quality reports
- Facilitate new patient education related to Medical Home concept, Patient Portal, Kintegra Health ancillary services as well as the Team Based Approach to Care.
- Act as a liaison between patients, clinical teams, clinical operations, patient services, customer care departments, etc.
- Manage TCM and/or ED follow-up for assigned panels
- Assist providers with inbox management, some MRV tasks and other duties as assigned.
Kintegra Health Core Requirements:
- Patient First – An approach to care that holds primary, the well-being and desires of the patient
- Build not Blame – Focusing first on finding fault with the process rather than the person
- Integrity and Honesty – Fostering an acceptance of openness, honesty, and fairness in words, deeds and the use of organizational resources judiciously for both internal and external customers
- Cooperation and Flexibility – Related to an internal believe that we function as part of an interdependent team with only shared gains or losses thereby committed to assisting whenever possible beyond the prerequisite job description
- Culturally Sensitive – Always working toward increasing one’s ability to understand, communicate with, effectively interact and care for people across cultures, while having an acute awareness of one’s own culture.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.