Vice President, Community Health Center Performance, Remote
Provider Networks – Network Operations & Performance /
Aledade is actively recruiting for a Vice President of Community Health Center (CHC) Performance. This senior leader will be accountable for leading strategy to ensure Aledade’s success as an enterprise-wide solution for CHC’s value-based care work. Specifically, this role will develop a pipeline for product success for CHCs. Today, Aledade manages $18 billion in health care spending, partnering with 1,000+ practices across 30+ states and caring for over 1.7 million patients. This includes >200,000 patients served by 150 CHCs across 22 states. We are a thriving growth stage company with a track record of success through technology enablement (including our proprietary software platform) and practice transformation by health care experts with local knowledge.
The Vice President of CHC Performance will serve as key company advocate for all strategy related to CHCs, collaborating with all internal teams to ensure seamless integration with Aledade’s portfolio. This autonomous and outcome-oriented role will function as the single thread of authority accountable for achieving Aledade’s CHC-related objectives and key results. As subject matter expert, this role will provide key direction to health equity-driven performance strategy and population health interventions within Aledade’s CHC portfolio. In addition, Vice Presidents at Aledade are an integral part of the Strategy and Priority Leadership Team tasked with informing the company’s overall strategic direction.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of performance of CHCs in value based care metrics including, but not limited to performance in: Shared savings rates and revenue of CHC-Only ACOs & KPI of CHCs in all value based contracts
- Identify similar barriers to performance within other small-but-critical customer segments (health systems, corporate-structured multi-speciality clinics, part-time RHCs) and work across departments to develop technology-enabled, scalable solutions
- Investigate the role of Medicare-Medicaid (dual) eligible patients in CHC ACO contract success, and design programming in service of attribution retention in this population. Define the tools and analytics needed to support and retain this customer type
- Develop and iterate product strategy and investments in Aledade App to enhance functionality for CHC users and Health Plan value based partnerships, in close partnership with Product, Tech, and XDR teams
- Collaborate with Product Marketing on innovative ways to capture mindshare and enhance CHC engagement in value based care
- Develop an enterprise-wide strategy for improving risk stratification and care quality within CHCs using Aledade product and services solutions, including efforts to reduce disparities in health outcomes
- Develop and iterate service strategy through market-level interventions and trainings to support success for value based care in CHCs, in close partnership with Network Success
- Lead a cross-functional working group to develop a practice model for CHC population health interventions, in close partnership with Health Equity and Field teams
- Provide guidance for Aledade’s CHC growth strategy, in collaboration with Growth, Marketing, and Health Equity teams
- Inform Aledade’s Medicaid and Medicare Advantage payer contracting strategy in collaboration with Business Development and State Policy teams
- Perform a thorough assessment of the CHCs with particular focus on leadership structure, current workflows, communication strengths and weaknesses and adequacy of staffing.
- Develop and lead an advisory committee made up of CHC leadership representatives who can provide regular feedback.
- Develop separate onboarding materials for employed physicians/NPs/PAs with sensitivity to the training needs that our customers desire, and the time and tech constraints the employed providers have.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years experience in healthcare
- 8+ years of successfully leading and growing a Community Health Center network
- Deep knowledge of health center business models and constructs, including specialized billing, grant funding streams and integration of value based care arrangements
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with clinical and operational colleagues across the organization
- Senior-level experience and expertise in community health center strategy, health plans, business development, health care finance, and provider operations.
- Master’s degree or other advanced degree(s) in business, health administration and/or public policy or other relevant fields.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time. Extensive use of computers and keyboard. Occasional walking and lifting may be required.
- Ability to travel roughly 30-40% of the time the first year in the role; after year 1, travel will be 20-25% of the time
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.