Vice President of Data Management and Infrastructure Products, Remote
Bethesda, MD /
Product – Product /
At Aledade, we are a team of software developers, designers and product managers that build, implement and maintain a web-based application that transforms data from multiple sources into high-value, actionable insights used by our medical practice customers. The VP of Data Management & Infrastructure Products is a key member of the team that helps to design technical, service and content solutions to support Aledade’s various lines of business. The VP of Data Management & Infrastructure Products works alongside department leaders and teams of business owners, data analysts, technical product managers and engineers to define goals, solution design, implementation approach and rollout plans to ensure optimal performance and value created from Aledade’s myriad data assets.
We are intent on creating healthcare that is better for patients and doctors, at a lower cost. We assist independent primary care physicians in managing the transition to value based care, initially through the creation of accountable care organizations. We are public health-motivated, data-driven, and relentless. We are creating a state-of-the-art cloud based technology stack to foster population health in our practices
We are actively recruiting for a VP of Data Management & Infrastructure Products who works within our Product Management team. This position will be full time, and includes full benefits and an equity option. We are open to remote, US-based candidates.
In this role, you work cross-functionally and are directly responsible for a mix of strategic, managerial, and operational initiatives.
- Build out Aledade’s Data Management & Infrastructure Product functions with direct people management and mentorship responsibility for a team of technical product managers and program managers.
- Maintain ownership over recruiting, hiring, and onboarding. Take responsibility for all associated team growth targets and scalability activities (organization design, incubation plans, etc.). Make recommendations about how to best leverage existing talent and where to expand into new functions to serve Aledade’s evolving needs.
- Provide a vision for Aledade’s data acquisition, management, and curation processes, including a focus on leveraging novel data sources. Demonstrate comfort iterating towards this vision over time and managing changing requirements and execution mandates.
- Balance investments across visionary and strategic activities as well as tactical, day-to-day execution needs of supporting a web-based application, internal analytics tools, and user-directed insights.
- Leverage operational management skills to steer an existing product in a stable and extensible direction, and internally champion the value of ongoing, long-term investments.
- Working with key stakeholders, develop metrics that evaluate and monitor the quality and completeness of Aledade’s data store.
- Manage vendor relationships, contract negotiations and budgeting related to new data sources.
- Partner with CTO and SVP/VPs of Technical Product Management to incorporate ongoing data management into existing development processes.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of product management experience in technology, technology-enabled services industry, or a SaaS product
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree(s) preferred
- Deep experience with healthcare data models, including clinical, billing and administrative data
- Experience using data and primary research to inform solution design and build internal business understanding
- Experience building and optimizing operational processes, including ongoing throughput and performance management
- Track record of building high-performing teams, including recruiting, hiring and onboarding as well as engagement management and career pathing
- Experience with and understanding of the software development lifecycle and software development methodologies.
- Preferably experience leading Agile / Scrum teams
- Product development experience in the context of the development of a healthcare technology product, especially with healthcare EDI
- Extensive experience with standard healthcare data formats and codesets, including but not limited to ANSI X12, HL7, FHIR, ICD, CPT, SNOMED, RxNorm, NDC
- Basic understanding of healthcare administrative and clinical workflows for inpatient, ambulatory or ancillary services
- Experience working with EHR, practice management, revenue cycle or population health products
- Knowledge of alternative payment models related to primary care such as MSSP ACOs, Pioneer ACOs, commercial insurance shared savings programs, PCMH
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, and a 2020 Inno on Fire by DC Inno.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
10 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Weekly catered lunches
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.