ACP Facilitator Full Time-Remote
Remote, FL /
Aledade Care Solutions – Aledade Care Solutions /
Iris Healthcare powered by Aledade, Inc is looking for Full time Licensed RN or Social Worker with a background in Advance Care Planning/End of Life Care, to join our growing team. Iris Healthcare is an Austin-based company that focuses on empowering members through advance care planning. Advance care planning (ACP) is defined as a process that supports individuals in understanding, and sharing their values, goals and preferences for future medical care. These care decisions are then formally documented within an Advance Directive; a forward-thinking legal document that empowers individuals, their loved ones and their care teams to make the best advance care planning decisions moving forward.
Our interdisciplinary team walks the member through every step of the advance care planning process, from exploration of values through distribution and revision of necessary documents. The primary role of the SW is to guide members through this conversation and document their preferences. These conversations include providing education on the patient’s primary medical condition and on such medical interventions as feeding tubes, ventilation, and CPR. Member encounters are conducted remotely via telephone.
- To support work-life balance and fulfillment, this position offers flexibility in scheduling, is fully remote, and provides opportunities for advancement. The ideal candidate will:
- Prepare for member encounters by reviewing EHR and pertinent notes.
- Conduct structured, guided, advance care planning conversations in an empathetic manner consistent with person-centered care.
- Draft Iris proprietary documents as well as state specific advance care planning documents utilizing Iris’ technology.
- Document member encounters in the EHR.
- Actively utilize 1:1 supervision, group supervision, team meetings and on-going learning and development offerings associated with the role.
- Provide ongoing feedback to supervisors regarding the member experience.
- Ongoing engagement with patients enrolled in Comprehensive Advance Care Planning (CACP). This includes but is not limited to follow up facilitations, managing large caseloads, periodic patient check ins, ongoing education/ document revisions, quick case conceptualization and ability to offer any CACP topic.
- Same Day/Straight Through Facilitations
- SOS coverage (when needed & staff is able)
- Must have active and unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), meeting all state certification and licensing requirements for the state the candidate works in.
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing or social work experience related to management of chronic or terminal conditions in a healthcare setting.
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday during regular business hours (flexible) and occasional evenings.
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy
- Excellent phone/video communication skills
- Knowledge of serious medical conditions (such as COPD, CHF, cancer, dementia, cirrhosis, ESRD, etc.) and their progression
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary team setting
- Tech savvy
- Experience in Motivational Interviewing preferred
- Preference shown for expertise in advance care planning conversations or experience caring for those with serious illnesses in a longitudinal fashion (hospice/palliative care)
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually-agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, Top Workplaces USA, and a Healthcare Industry Top Workplace.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our full-time team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.