Director of Healthcare Assessments, Remote
Durham, NC /
Aledade Care Solutions – Aledade Care Solutions /
What is the Innovation and Partnerships Team at Aledade Care Solutions ?
We’re actively recruiting a Director for the Innovation team in our growing “startup within a startup,” Aledade Care Solutions (ACS). Aledade Care Solutions is a 150-employee wholly-owned subsidiary of Aledade, Inc., itself a 1000-employee national leader in value-based care. Our mission at ACS is to build a next generation care delivery business, serving patients across the country with new and innovative virtual care models, and we need YOU!
The Innovation team works directly with ACS’ CEO, and is the hub for “tip of the spear” thinking, testing and evaluation of new patient-facing approaches to improve patient health outcomes, reduce healthcare costs, improve health equity, and enhance the patient experience. This role will report to the SVP of Innovation and Partnerships with close exposure to other senior leaders. We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely/work from home within the US or from our offices in Durham, NC; New York, NY; Austin, TX; or Bethesda, MD.
Why this role on the ACS Innovation and Partnerships Team?
This leader will be responsible for developing and implementing new programs that extend the capabilities of our primary care practice, and enable ACS to quickly scale impactful, patient-facing interventions. This role will specifically focus on developing a portfolio of programs in a top priority area for ACS: Engaging Medicare patients in the home, beginning with performing virtual and/or in-person health assessments.
In this role you will partner with the clinical program director (with whom you will work closely in a “dyad” partnership) to develop your program strategy and define the clinical model for any new programs. You will also manage a cross-functional team to develop/implement your portfolio. You will specifically determine the business strategy for your portfolio of programs (including build/buy/partner decisions), develop/manage partner relationships (as necessary) to execute the program, and oversee a cross-functional team to develop/pilot/scale the programs across Aledade’s network of practices.
Oversee development and delivery of ACS Health Assessments Program and (1-3) related partnerships. Key activities include:
- Partner with clinical director to define program scope, offering, and success metrics
- Develop program go-to-market strategy
- Establish/manage end-to-end partner relationship (including contracting and program delivery)
- Oversee successful delivery of Health Assessments program in collaboration with clinical owner
- Over time scope of this role may expand to include other home-based intervention programs
Manage a small team (including at least 1 direct report) to develop the workflow and product features needed to support and scale the intervention across Aledade
- Collaborate with the Aledade Legal Team to ensure optimal contract terms
- Collaborate with the Product Team to ensure a seamless practice experience
- Collaborate with Impact Analytics team to determine target patient population and define/evaluate impact of program against key metrics
- Collaborate with Performance, Clinical Engagement, and Network Success teams to ensure effective rollout and adoption of program across Aledade practices
- Collaborate with ACS Patient Engagement team over time to streamline patient experience across ACS programs
- Work with key stakeholders to design test/learn activities to prove value of intervention, and iterate on program over time
- Participate in “other duties as assigned.” We’re a startup and we can never predict exactly what we’ll need. That’s part of the fun of the work — you should expect that some percentage of your work will evolve as the Company’s needs evolve.
Key Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years experience in some combination of provider operations, payer strategy, practice transformation or other healthcare roles, preferably with a focus on value-based care
- Preferred: Master’s degree or other advanced degree(s) in business, health administration and/or public policy, or other relevant fields.
- Experience working on programs impacting Medicare populations (ideally in conducting health assessments and/or other home-based interventions)
- Experience structuring innovative care delivery partnerships and facilitating contract negotiations/implementation planning in a matrixed organization with cross-team dependencies
- Experience working on small-teams to design and/or implement new initiatives
- Experience working within healthcare startup ecosystem and with both clinical and product/technology stakeholders
- Strong strategic planning and analytical skills
- Proven ability to tailor messages and presentations about novel concepts to internal and external audiences for maximum buy-in
- Results-oriented with the ability to access financial and operational outcomes of contracts
- Proven track record of creating, maintaining, and enhancing external relationships and communicating effectively with senior management
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually-agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. In certain limited circumstances, Aledade will accept documented proof of prior infection with COVID-19 in lieu of a booster shot.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, Top Workplaces USA, and a Healthcare Industry Top Workplace.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our full-time team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.