EHR Specialist, Remote
Dallas, TX /
Operational Excellence – Implementation /
We are actively recruiting for an Electronic Health Record (EHR) Specialist, who will play a key role in optimizing EHR solutions that enable Aledade’s partner practices to improve patient outcomes, reduce healthcare costs, and increase efficiency. The EHR Specialist will collaborate with practice stakeholders along with the multi-disciplinary Aledade team to identify, develop, and implement EHR solutions to support strategic ACO initiatives. Additionally, this role will facilitate the collection of practice-generated data that can be used for population-based analytics. Ideal candidates will have depth of knowledge in at least one top-tier ambulatory EHR solution, have a strong understanding of practice workflow, and be able to travel approximately 25% of the time. The EHR Specialist must thrive in a fast-paced environment, respond well to change, and be a strong verbal and written communicator.
Experience with Centricity and/or Practice Parnter is preferred for this role.
Responsibilities of the EHR Specialist include
Lead EHR Optimization efforts for assigned practice panel:
- Coordinate efforts to conduct assessments of how practices are currently utilizing their EHR systems and identify areas where their systems can be optimized to support ACO initiatives.
- Assist practices to fully leverage their existing EHR systems to support strategic ACO initiatives.
- Serve as a core team member in onboarding new ACO practicesSupport practices with MIPS compliance
Provide EHR expertise:
- Identify common approaches, such as templates or customized reports that practices can use to achieve specific aims, such as Medicare Wellness Visits, Transitions of Care, or Risk/Hierarchical Condition Categories.
- Identify existing or develop new educational materials that can assist practice staff in understanding how best to utilize their EHR system.
- Understand relevant EHR vendor system updates specifically related to population health management.
- Develop and support EHR-system-specific user groups composed of representatives from Aledade’s ACO practices to identify best practices and training opportunities.
- Provide strategic input on how EHR optimization can support ACO initiatives.
Facilitate data exchange:
- Assist practices in ensuring data is properly captured in their EHR systems in order to accurately generate quality measure and other reporting.
- Ensure practices are able to share practice-generated data with Aledade.
- Assist with development of interfaces and functionality related to Aledade’s efforts.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as requested by the senior management team.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Significant and relevant work experience in lieu of educational requirements may be accepted.
- Ideal candidates will be located in one of Aledade’s market areas but may be remote with access to a major airport. Up to 25% travel is required.
- Candidates should have related experience working as a client-facing project lead in the healthcare industry (i.e., ambulatory practice, EHR vendor, health plan, hospital, government, management consulting) with a proven track record of creating, maintaining, and enhancing customer relationships and optimization of their EHR systems.
- Must have previous implementation or optimization experience with top-tier ambulatory EHRs and practice management software, preferably with expertise in Epic Ambulatory, NextGen, Centricity, e-MDs, Athena, Greenway, or eClinicalWorks products.
- Relevant competencies include developing and maintaining relationships with all team members, organizational skills, project management, critical thinking, problem solving, attention to detail, and effective written and verbal communication.
- Must be results-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining focus on key goals.
- Thinks beyond their immediate team and contributes to making Aledade holistically better (active engagement in D&I efforts, culture initiatives, facilitating training, leading roundtables, etc.)
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually-agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. In certain limited circumstances, Aledade will accept documented proof of prior infection with COVID-19 in lieu of a booster shot.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, Top Workplaces USA, and a Healthcare Industry Top Workplace.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our full-time team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.