Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
~ Partner Practices ~ – Partner Practices /
Medical Associates of Southwest Virginia is seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant to deliver exceptional patient care at our office located in Blacksburg, Virginia. The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is responsible for the successful management and care coordination of their assigned patient population. Successful candidates will be energetic, efficient, and able to work independently.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and provide exceptional and appropriate care to patients
- Communicate with nursing staff and collaborating physician / specialist regarding patient care
- Chart daily visit notes in an electronic medical record in a timely fashion
- Review patient reports and make appropriate recommendations
- Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
- Master’s Degree in Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant field from an accredited program
- Board Certification
- Active and unrestricted NP/PA license in the state in which exams are performed.
- Minimum one-year experience, preferred
- Eligible for prescriptive authority in accordance with state regulation and as authorized by the Virginia Boards of Medicine /Nursing.
- Able to work collaboratively with other healthcare providers.
- Demonstrates good written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Monday – Friday day shift. No nights or weekends
- Malpractice Insurance and Supervising Physician
- Paid time off + 6 holidays
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Annual allowance towards license renewal, certification renewal, and CEU credits
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.