Chief Medical Officer
~ Partner Practices ~ – Partner Practices /
Location: Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine Inc.
Position: Chief Medical Officer
Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine, Inc. (TAPM) is a Federally Qualified Health Center in Guilford County, North Carolina with six (6) locations seeking to fill the position of a Chief Medical Officer.
Under the administrative direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is responsible for clinical compliance with all medical policies, staffing, directives, rules, regulations and clinical performance standards of the State, Federal Government, Local entities and health center bylaws and accrediting bodies. The CMO serves as the organization’s point person on medical and clinical issues. The CMO provides professional medical services as appropriate, and other related work, as designated by the Chief Executive Officer including, but not limited to, essential job functions. Ensures all medical providers meet required maintenance of certification, trainings and that mid-level providers comply with the rules and regulations governing their practice standards.
The Chief Medical Offer also provides primary care for clients two days per week and ensures that patients have access to inpatient, outpatient, and specialty care services in collaboration with other center providers and referral management team members.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets:
- A minimum of two – four years of leadership experience in an inpatient or outpatient setting is preferred; experience treating and managing care for a culturally diverse population is a plus.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge and/or experience with the Federal regulations related to the operation of a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
- High standards of personal integrity, ability to supervise and manage people, systems, possess with excellent communication skills and the ability to lead; previous experience in a Physician Executive/Leadership role is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in utilization management, quality management and patient safety programs.
- Strong independent decision-making, negotiating and analytical skills; as well as personnel development, team building and mentoring skills.
- Directs and oversees all daily aspects of the clinical and quality functions of the organization.
- Establish, monitor, and improve the standards of care through performance benchmarks and goals.
- Develops and recommends strategies to enhance clinical performance, effectiveness, efficiencies, productivity, and compliance of all clinical functions.
- Manages a 25 member plus provider team including but not limited to: MD’s, NP’s, PA’s, LCSW’s, etc. Oversees in conjunction with the CEO other departments that have direct linkage to clinical functions: Behavioral Health, Care Coordination, Nutrition and Nursing.
- Provides direct oversight for the clinical quality team and works with the Quality Director to reach quality goals and increase performance measures and outcomes.
- Oversees peer-review program.
- Oversees provider productivity and coding, providing direction and facilitates annual coding trainings.
- Develops, manages, and implements clinical policies and protocols for appropriate patient care.
- Ensures clinical compliance with all local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for providers.
- Coordinates, evaluates, and oversees physician specialty clinics.
- Facilitates provider meetings and/or trainings on a monthly basis.
- Provides mentorship to new providers.
- Provides direct patient care at least two full days per week with 3 days of administrative and supervision time.
- Works closely with the area hospitals and agencies to facilitate care coordination and linkage for continuum of care.
- Provides a thorough orientation program for new providers and appropriate clinical and quality team members.
Professional Experience/Educational Requirements:
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy and board certification in chosen primary care specialty of Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Have and maintain an active “unrestricted” medical license in the State of North Carolina.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.