Principal Experience Designer/Experience Architect, Permanent Remote
Boston, MA /
Product – Experience Design & Research /
Interested in solving wicked problems to help transform health care? We’re looking for a Principal Experience Designer & Experience Architect who is a master practitioner, innovator, and holistic system thinker who thrives on designing innovative solutions for highly complex challenges.
In this role, you’ll design inclusive, easy to use, compelling, and impactful products and services that help diverse independent primary care practices and community health centers transform the way they work with patients - shifting to proactive value-based care to improve patient outcomes and experiences.
You’ll collaborate with Experience Design & Research team members and cross functional teams on products and services that deliver actionable population health insights & clinical decision support, facilitate practice transformation & behavior change, and lead to measurable positive health care outcomes.
You’ll create adaptive & extensible experience architectures and design frameworks that ensure seamless, high quality experiences across the portfolio and accelerate product innovation. You’ll help grow our experience design practice by defining best practices, mentoring/coaching, and developing a design system and pattern & asset library.
• Plan, lead, facilitate and execute design work on key product and/or service workstreams integrated within an agile, collaborative, cross functional environment.
• Serve as a practice lead for Experience Design defining best practices, mentoring other designers, leading design critiques, and facilitating learning and collaboration.
• Collaborate on product strategy and participate in agile product planning
• Collaborate with cross functional teams (e.g., product management, engineering, medical, operations, business intelligence, learning and development )
• Mentor/coach and facilitate professional development of other Experience Design & Research team members
• Help grow our experience design practice
• Lead and contribute to an accessible, inclusive, and effective design system and pattern & asset library to elevate quality and efficiency and accelerate innovation
• Define and optimize experience architectures that enable effective, performant, adaptive, and extensible product/service experiences
• Bachelor’s Degree (Masters or other advanced degree in Design, HCI, or a related field is a plus)
• 12+ years of professional experience in product and service design
• 5+ years of experience as a lead designer in agile, collaborative product development environments
• 3+ years of design experience in complex health care contexts; particularly in population health, clinical decision support, and direct patient care
• Experience creating and driving adoption of high quality design systems and pattern & asset libraries
• Experience and skill designing complex data-driven applications, workflow systems, and services
• An in-depth understanding of all facets of human-centered design
• History of successfully leading multiple workstreams, dealing with ambiguity, and creatively adapt to fast paced work organizational environment
• Strong expertise in and commitment to inclusive and accessible design
• Outstanding teaching and mentorship skills
• Strong system thinker with outstanding experience and skill in experience architecture
• Outstanding communication, facilitation, consulting, and organizational navigation skills
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, and a 2020 Inno on Fire by DC Inno.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
10 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Weekly catered lunches
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.