Technical Accounting Manager
Ciudad de México, Mexico /
Staff – Finance /
The Technical accounting Manager is responsible for the whole (Global) consolidation special reports. This role will analyze and correct problems with software packages, and may also develop software to meet a business’s data management needs. This role provides support for all accounting matters such as: Reviewing and confirm the consolidation accounting treatments for all transaction in a monthly basis, quarterly and Annual audits, accounting compliance, and ad hoc and special projects.
· Ensure that all transactions that the reports have are done in compliance and aligned with the accounting Standards and rules in order to support the audit under PCAOB.
· Prepare controls files (schedules files) in order to validate the figures of the GL accounts and follow up reconciliation items. Focus on group of accounts that should be under special Standards and reviews, such as Equity, fixed asset, goodwill, leases, etc .
· Prepare all disclosures needed for the consolidated financial reports according to the closing schedule of each month, quarter and annual basis.
· Support on maintaining and enforcing current accounting policies and procedures in order to improve productivity and quality of the information.
· Perform monthly reviews, analysis, global test and reconciliations of accounts in order to identify significant components that need to have special attention (memo) .
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement through automation and / or efficiency initiatives.
· Lead the implementation of tools that help improving the quality and timing of the reports (i.e Workiva).
· Lead the Quarterly and annual Audits.
· Relationship with auditors together with the management.
· Prepare memorandums and advice on the accounting treatment for significant transactions. Review of complex agreements.
· Prepare quarterly and annually consolidated financial statements related to SEC (20-F and 6-K, Or 10-Q and 10-K) and Local filings requirement. US GAAP and IFRS Reporting. SEC forms.
· Review of internal control over financial reporting. SOX Compliance. Analysis of control deficiencies. Advice on improvements.
Skills and Experience Required:
· University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration. Master is desirable.
· Advanced English.
· Previous experience of at least 5/7 years performing in similar positions with exposure to the decision makers & top level of the company.
· Strong understanding of accounting theory, local GAAP/IFRS/US GAAP and the ability to apply concepts to specific situations. Previous experience of M&A accounting, and SOX are plus.
· Experience implementing ERPs (e.g. SAP, ORACLE, Microsoft, among others) and BI (Business inteligent reports) will be a plus.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products required. Advanced knowledge of Excel, including the use of dynamic tables, macros, etc.
· Solid skills for analysis and auditing. High critical thinking skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively with all levels to maximize results.
· Team lead skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.