Engineering – Engineering
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information.
Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. Headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK.
For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
Come join the Alfresco Experience Design team in our mission to break down experience barriers between consumer and enterprise tech, as we rid enterprise software of the “enterprise software” experience.
Bring your design talent, design thinking, and user-centred design experience to help design experiences users really want, for both our platform users designing solutions - and the end-users of those solutions. With your experience in mobile and web applications, and your passion for tackling complex design challenges, you’ll work collaboratively with product managers, user research, and development team members, to research, design, and validate solutions that solve user problems related to content, business process, governance, and intelligence and insights. You’ll also help expand and maintain our interaction patterns library and UI components library as you identify and design for user needs of the Alfresco platform and in the platform solutions.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with user research and product management to recommend product features and solutions to user problems
- Collaborate with product management and software architects in a “3-in-a-box” model to define functional requirements
- Ideate with visual artefacts such as journey maps, user flows, sketches/wireframes/prototypes, and UI specification documents
- Work with user research and product management to develop and conduct customer studies to evaluate feature hypotheses and designs, and to iterate on designs based on usability test results
- Design and refine simple and compound UI components, drawing from Google Material Design principles but refining for the Alfresco platform
- Review your designs to ensure consistency with the Product Standards Style guide, creating representative high fi screens as needed
- Review product through the development lifecycle to ensure consistency with the design specifications
- Passion for design and problem-solving
- 3-5 years experience in interaction design and information architecture
- 1-3 years experience in visual design, designing UI components for mobile, web, and desktop applications
- Familiarity with accessibility compliance
- Experience collaborating with product management and technical leads for rapid iteration and discovery
- A great portfolio of professional design artefacts that show relationship to the user, objective of the task, and evidence of iteration, research, learning, and discovery
- Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple designs
- Clear evidence of attention to detail
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work autonomously and proactively but also in a collaborative team environment
- A "can-do!" approach to a wide and rapidly changing workload
- Working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CC, or comparable design tools
- Bachelors degree in a design or related area, such as psychology, human factors, or HCI
Nice to have
- Experience with user research and/or Design Thinking
- Experience across the entire software product lifecycle
- Experience designing for enterprise software
- Agile and Lean methodologies
- Influential and engaged with the design community
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.