Technical Support Engineer
Customer Success – Customer Services
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information.
Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. Headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK.
For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
You are a natural problem solver and love being able to help people. "Troubleshoot" is your middle name and you don't stop until a solution to the issue is found. People and Technology is at your core, and you enjoy the sweet spot of being both technical and customer facing. You possess a positive attitude and find it easy to get along with your team. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
About the Team...
The team is fun, collaborative, and close! They are always encouraging and applauding one another. They all share the common goal of helping their customers and growing along the way. Each member of the team has an incredible work ethic, setting the example for others who join.
Since Alfresco is open source, as our Technical Support Engineer, you'll need to provide a high level of expertise and exceptional quality of service to our customers. You possess a passion for investigating technical issues, including ambiguous and complex problems, have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively while learning technical concepts rapidly and proactively, have a proven problem solving ability within the context of technical issues as well as potential impact to business continuity, and a positive attitude and ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment.
- Take full ownership and control of a support case without supervision while continuously improving the level of support to maintain customer satisfaction
- Interact directly with our partners and customers to resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Provide support through case management system, phone, and screen sharing sessions
- Leverage access to internal resources to align customers with problem resolutions and information
- Maintain knowledge of product feature set for new releases while creating knowledge articles and solutions for common issues encountered by customers
- Work with global team members to identify and report product defects reported by customers, as well as matching new support cases to known issues
- Triage and prioritize assigned support cases based on severity, customer urgency, and end user impact
- Notify the support management team to develop a plan to avoid potential escalations, and escalate when appropriate
Your Keys to Success
- 3-5 years experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting any issue on Windows Server, Linux, or UNIX operating systems
- Prior experience in a technical support role
- Java web server (either Tomcat, Apache, Websphere, JBoss) experience either in a support, developer or administrator capacity
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug Web applications
- Ability to read and understand application logs
- Experience with enterprise software components such as application servers, databases, and directory management
- Exposure to performance analysis and tuning of operating systems and Web applications
- Knowledge of network protocol layers, security layers, and domain models
- Positive attitude and exceptional customer service
- Ability to work in a highly engaged, collaborative, and team oriented environment
Desirable, but not required:
- Understanding of enterprise content management and business process modeling
- Experience with Hibernate, Apache Maven, Apache Solr, or Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, Red Hat JBoss
- Deep understanding of one or more relational database systems
- Ability to read and analyze application thread dumps
- Exposure to records management processes and concepts
- Knowledge of high availability architecture and disaster recovery procedures
- Prior experience in enterprise support
- Any related technical certifications or education
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.