Senior Java Cloud Developer
Engineering – Engineering
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information.
Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. Headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK.
For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
About the Team...
The Alfresco Applications Platform group is a team like no other. We produce the world’s most popular open source Business Process Management (BPM) product, Activiti, and an Application Development Framework to help businesses create their Digital Business Platforms in rapid iterations and with engaging user experiences.
Our product has experienced explosive growth and we are now doubling our investment seeking to take it to the next level. We are a group full of energy, where integrity, technology, innovation, our community, customer success, and team member growth matter. We love agile but don’t have hang-ups about text book application and value team member contributions on what it means in our day to day work. Above all we love Lean. “Think big, act small, fail fast, learn rapidly”
A Full Stack Java Developer delivers code that meets the acceptance criteria, is loved by customers, and embraced by our developer community
- You will be responsible for developing, as part of the team, high quality products with an excellent developer experience.
- Be part of the team’s agile working practices to deliver high quality software (Planning, Standups, Demos, Retros, Code Reviews, TDD)
- Documents their work as needed and agreed in the acceptance criteria or team’s shared commitments
- Follow the technical standards and shared team commitments
- Participates in hackathons and innovation
- Contributes technical and products ideals to the team and Product Owner/Product Manager
- Questions choices in a constructive and respectable manner
- Ensures swift customer problems and helps ask technical questions as part of the escalation processes
- Contributes to our Open Source community code, examples, and answers in the community forums as directed by the team lead.
What you’ll bring
- Excellent core Java programming skills (5+ years) including multi-threading
- Practical experience of using the Spring framework (2+ years)
- Experience in Data Access, Server Side integrations, Extensions, and building RESTful APIs
- Experience in building Microservices
- Understanding of one or more relational databases
- Software engineering experience including unit testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes.
- A strong knowledge of computer programming theory with the ability to make appropriate programming choices based on that knowledge
- Comfortable working in teams
- Technology enthusiast - eager to work with a range of technologies
- Fluency in English
Nice to have...
- Knowledge of AWS services
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes orchestration
- Commercial experience developing any of the following engines: Rules, Workflow, Case Management or Business Process Management engines.
- Understanding of Enterprise Content Management
- Experience in Activiti development
- Exposure to open-source Java libraries, such as those hosted by Apache and Spring
- Previous experience in an Agile Test Driven Development environment
- Familiarity with modern HTML and CSS including mobile development and responsive layouts
What we offer
- Flexible working conditions, including the ability to work remotely as necessary, and an opportunity to work the way you do best. Paid time off to support the community.
- Rewarding technical challenges, working on products that are used by some of the largest organisations in the world to manage billions of their most sensitive documents.
- Personal development opportunities, with the potential to learn from your fantastic colleagues, support for personal training, and conference attendance.
- Good office facilities, in the centre of London, within short walking distance from the station.
- Competitive salary, equity, health-care plans, and generous leave allowances
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.