Premier Services - Technical Account Manager
Customer Success – Customer Services
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information.
Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. Headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK.
For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
The role of a Premier Services – Technical Account Manager is within our Customer Success group. This team consists of the Global Customer Support, Professional Services, Customer Relationship Management and the Premier Support Services. This group is completely focused on our customers and is reflected in our mission statement.
Deliver outstanding results, experiences and business value
throughout the Alfresco customer lifecycle.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) role works closely with three groups of people: Customers, colleagues and management.
As an example of what the role entails the job description is built around those three groups:
A successful Technical Account Manager (TAM) will help and guide our customers running their Alfresco project to a successful outcome.
During weekly calls with the customer and meetings on site the TAM will gain knowledge about the customer’s Alfresco environment and understand their business needs. Using this knowledge the TAM can act as an advocate for the customer within Alfresco to ensure that technical issues are resolved quickly, with high quality and according to customer’s priorities. This should lead to a very high satisfaction rating from our customers about the (Premier) Support delivered.
Alfresco’s best Technical Account Managers are technical specialists for our ECM and BPM products. They are working together with their customers in preparation of planned upgrades to ensure the customer has all information needed to run this operation successfully. Outside of those the TAM will carry out annual health checks on customer’s environment, providing feedback and follow up on recommendations to identify to prevent any potential issues on their systems.
To be successful as a TAM at Alfresco, it is needed to collaborate with colleagues within the Premier Support Services and with Alfresco’s global support team. This might include technical help, providing additional information from the customers or changes in support priorities.
Outside the support organization the Technical Account Manager will work closely together with our Sales Team, the Customer Success Managers and the Alfresco Professional Services team including consulting and training.
The Technical Account Manager will report to the regional Premier Support Services Manager who is happy to help as much as possible to ensure the customer’s success.
If you can motivate youself, work indepentently and like to laugh, our work environment might be the right fit for you. And as half the team and the customers are remote, open collaboration is especially important.
All this is about your work and career. And all managers at Alfresco are supporting their employees in developing to achieve short and long term goals to progress your career as you want and when you want it.
If you read so far, like the job and can see yourself doing this, please contact us. If you look for a bullet point list please read further:
- Provide technical support for mission critical (severity 1) issues.
- Coordinate all other support cases for your customers with regards to priority and information
- Conduct weekly case reviews
- Assist with Alfresco upgrade planning and activities
- Perform an annual health check for each Customer
- Setup and maintain an Alfresco system similar to customer’s environment.
- Document and maintain documentation to share knowledge with team members.
- Perform quarterly on-site visits for each customer
- Stay up to date with relevant product offerings to provide technical solutions to customers and record these resolutions for general use.
- Work with other teams as required to provide best practice advice, identify potential workarounds and supply support code add-ons for Enterprise customers.
- Work together with Sales team and Professional Services to ensure customer needs are met and to identify potential growth opportunities.
- Additionally, the Technical Account Manager must act as a Champion for the Alfresco corporate values around customer success.
Your Keys to Success
- A passion for customers and a strong interest and desire to handle a variety of technical issues from the very basic through the ambiguous to highly complex and political.
- Experience and desire in managing strategically important customer accounts.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, learn quickly and be proactive.
- Problem-solving ability in both business and technical environments.
- Client facing interaction/liaison.
- Alfresco ECM or any other ECM experience
- Very good communication skills.
- Ability to trace and debug Web applications.
- Perform analysis and tune operating system and web technology performance.
- Understanding of network protocol layers, security layers and domain models.
- Understanding of standard support processes
- Understanding of Enterprise Content Management.
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring Aspect-Oriented Framework and SOLR / Lucene Text Search Engine.
- Understanding of one or more relational databases and Web Application Servers
- Good presentation skills
- Basic understanding of project management and development processes
- Experience to deal with escalations
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.