Senior Software Engineer - Activiti
Engineering – Engineering
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information.
Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. Headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK.
For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
We’re looking for enthusiastic software engineers to join our Activiti team based in London. The Activiti team are the custodians and lead maintainers of our homegrown open source BPMN process engine. The project is currently undergoing a complete re-architecture to become the choice as an open-source cloud native process engine. We want Engineers to help complete the development of Activiti 7.0 and beyond.
Working on a fully open-sourced project, you will join a self-organized agile delivery team with a culture of openness, transparency, collaboration and commitment. You will work together with other Alfresco engineers and members of the Activiti and Alfresco community around the world to achieve the teams goals.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team which is helping to change the face of open-source BPM solutions. More information about the Activiti project can be found here: https://activiti.org
What you'll learn and do
- Be part of a cross-functional agile engineering team, using Scrum, XP and Lean software development practices
- Work together with the Activiti community to define and develop features and enhancements to the project
- Write well designed and clean code, proactively identifying and eliminating technical debt
- You’ll be working with modern technology, including Docker, Kubernetes and Spring Cloud to develop the next-generation of BPM software
- Develop test automation at unit, integration and functional level to help ensure the quality of the features and applications developed
- Help the team improve, through code reviews, refactoring and developing new practices and tooling
- Collaborate with teams and engineers around the world, both within Alfresco and in the Activiti open source community
- Learn about AWS, the Alfresco Platform, and Software Development practices from your talented colleagues, attending conferences or formal training programs
What you’ll bring
- Experience building distributed applications and services using Java and Spring Cloud
- Working knowledge of deployment and orchestrations tooling Docker and Kubernetes
- An eye for good code, using techniques such as DDD and TDD to drive out the right architectural design
- A test first approach to development, with experience of testing frameworks and tooling such as JUnit, TestNG and RestAssured
- An understanding of the requirements of building cloud-native applications, following principles such as the 12-factor app
- A desire to work in a term environment with an understanding of Scrum or XP practices and a bias for Continuous Delivery
- An ability to get stuff done, driven to see your team succeed
- If you can show experience of previous open-source software development, this would be advantageous
- Prior knowledge on BPM is not required, as training will be provided
- Perhaps overall, a passion to learn new technologies, tools and development practices and a drive to share those learnings with others
What we offer
- Flexible working conditions, including the ability to work remotely as necessary, and an opportunity to work the way you do best. Paid time off to support the community.
- Rewarding technical challenges, working on products that are used by some of the largest organisations in the world to manage billions of their most sensitive documents.
- Personal development opportunities, with the potential to learn from your fantastic colleagues, support for personal training, and conference attendance.
- Good office facilities, in the centre of Maidenhead, within short walking distance from the station. For those that drive, there’s reimbursed car parking.
- Competitive salary, equity, health-care plans, and generous leave allowances
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.