Premier Services – Support Service Engineer (Belgium)
Customer Success – Customer Services
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information.
Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. Headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK.
For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
The role of a Premier Services – Support Service Engineer is within our Customer Success group. This team consists of the Global Customer Support, Consulting, Customer Relationship Management and the Premier Support Services. This group is completely focused on our customers. This is reflected in our mission statement:
Deliver outstanding results, experiences and business value throughout the Alfresco customer lifecycle.
The Premier Services Support Engineer (PSE) role works closely with three groups of people: Customers, colleagues and management.
As an example of what the role entails the job description is built around those three groups:
A successful Premier Services Engineer (PSE) will help and guide our customers running their Alfresco project to a successful outcome.
During daily interactions with our customer onsite or remote the PSE will directly contribute to the success of Alfresco projects at the assigned customer. Their integration into the customer’s team enables the PSE to understand the customer needs and their priority. Knowing the priorities, projects and problems the customer is facing the PSE uses their knowledge and our Premier Support processes to ensure a high-quality solution within an appropriate time-frame.
This leads to a high satisfaction rating from our customers about the (Premier) Support delivered as reflected in our metrics.
Alfresco’s best Premier Services Engineers are technical specialists in Alfresco Content Services (ACS) and Alfresco Process Service (APS). They work together with their customer to configure and maintain reliability and performance in the current environment and prepare planned upgrades. Outside of those activities the PSE will carry out annual health checks and performance tuning on customer’s environment, providing feedback and follow up on recommendations to identify and prevent any potential issues on their systems. Smaller customizations will be as well included in the work of the Premier Services Engineer.
To be successful as a PSE at Alfresco, it is necessary to collaborate with colleagues within the Premier Support Services group and with Alfresco’s global support team. This might include technical help, providing additional information, sharing best practices and knowledge as well as contributing to a diverse set of projects.
Outside the support organization the Premier Services Engineer will work closely together with our Sales Team, the Customer Success Managers and Alfresco Professional Services team including consulting and training.
The Premier Services Engineer will report to the regional Premier Support Services Manager who is happy to help as much as possible to ensure the customer’s success.
If you can motivate yourself, work independently and like to laugh, our work environment might be the right fit for you. And as half the team and the customers are remote, open collaboration is especially important.
All this is about your work and career. And all managers at Alfresco are supporting their employees in developing to achieve short and long term goals to progress your career as you want and when you want it.
If you read so far and can see yourself fulfilling this role, please contact us. If you look for a bullet point list of responsibilities and desired qualifications, please read further:
- Perform basic set-up and installation of Alfresco environment
- Configure Alfresco servers according to best practices
- Provide assistance with user administration, role definitions, and workflow configuration
- Provide assistance with common customizations like login pages, icons, menu items, displaying metadata, etc.
- Perform an annual health check for each Customer
- Perform annual configuration and performance tuning
- Assist with Alfresco upgrade planning and activities
- Resolving and managing all support issues and escalating service needs
- Identify and raise product enhancement requests on behalf of customers.
- Maintain current knowledge of Alfresco product offerings and support policies.
- Work with other teams as required to provide best practice advice, identify potential workarounds and supply support code add-ons for Enterprise customers.
- Work closely with sales and professional services to ensure customer needs are met and future opportunities are identified.
- Additionally, the Premier Service Engineer must act as a Champion for the Alfresco corporate values around customer success.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Alfresco Premier Services processes.
Your Keys to Success
- A strong level of confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Strong team player – fits in easily with wide range of personalities
- "Can-Do" approach to a wide and rapidly changing workload and ability to be flexible
- Strong work ethics
- The ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Displays tenacity and patience
- Be assertive without being aggressive
- A passion for customers and a strong interest to handle a variety of technical issues from the very basic through the ambiguous to highly complex and political.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, learn quickly and be proactive
- Experience with Alfresco Content Service is a must
- Strong communications skills with the demonstrated ability to engage with both senior business and senior technical customer staff
- Ability to trace and debug Web applications.
- Perform analysis and tune operating system and web technology performance.
- Understanding of network protocol layers, security layers and domain models.
- Understanding of standard support processes
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.