Product Manager - Search and Analytics
Product – Product Management
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information.
Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. Headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK.
For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
Are you looking to further your career in Product Management? Do you have a passion for Open Source technology and want to know how Enterprise Software is being applied to solve mission-critical problems for a variety of world famous brand names, then we have the right role for you!
About the role
You will be part of the Alfresco Product Management team and have ownership of the Alfresco Search and Analytics strategy and solutions across Alfresco’s flagship product, the Digital Business Platform.
You will be the voice of our customer within the delivery team working with the team to find with creative and innovative solutions to transform the way customers do business. You will work with our customers and open source community to explore new technologies and solutions to making search and analysis effective and enjoyable.
The right individual will combine strategic thinking with a high level of attention to detail. You are a quick study, bring an analytical mind and have a general passion for software. You have previously worked in a Product Manager role and are looking to further develop your skills in an innovative company.
- Passionately champion your product through internal evangelism and by building external relationships with the community through activities such as, blogging, event attendance and social media
- Be the voice of the customer for your product area
- Provide insights into product, technology and market trends. Manage and deliver on a product roadmap, setting clear stakeholder expectations
- Contribute to the overall company product strategy and translate the goals into your product and team
- Establish and deliver clear differentiation between the Open Source and commercial elements of your product to ensure it supports the business needs
- Be the driving force for continuous product discovery
- Acting as the domain expert for your product area by developing an in-depth knowledge of your product, and the problems it solves
- Research and understand customer needs and define product requirements in the form of Epics and User Stories to form a prioritized delivery backlog
- Conduct product orientated presentations to customers in private and at public events
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to scope, design, test, deliver and launch innovative solutions
- You, either bring 3+ years experience as a Product Manager Or extensive domain expertise as an Architect / Product Owner of a search technology looking to move into a Product Manager role
- You have a focused desire to build products and services that customers will love
- You have keen attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- You are able to set and manage expectations at the executive level
- You can drive complex strategic initiatives and align a team towards common goals
- You are able to balance the need for both strategic and tactical activities
- You’re a clear and concise communicator and this extends to email, Slack, phone and video conferencing
- You understand how to bridge the worlds of business and technology
- You have an interest in and follow technology market trends Experience of the full product lifecycle and Agile development methodologies
- Enterprise Software
- Working with Search technologies
- Using cloud platform providers, such as AWS or Azure
- Document management, or file sharing technology
- Process management or workflow technology Open Source software and communities
- A technical background would be advantageous
Location: Our team is mainly based in Maidenhead, but you can also work from our London office.
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.