Associate Product Manager
Product – Product Management
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information.
Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. Headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK.
For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
Are you looking to start a career in Product Management? Do you have a passion for technology and want to know how Enterprise Software is being applied to solve problems in a variety of world famous brand names, then we have the right role for you!
Joining the Alfresco Product Management team will give you the opportunity to help shape the direction of our solutions. You will be the voice of our customer within the engineering team and are able to come come up with create and innovative solutions. Working closely with the engineering teams, you will build out requirements, take part in their daily standups, and just love to discuss technology with engineers.
The right individual will combine strategic thinking with a high level of attention to detail. You are a quick study, bring an analytical mind and have a general passion for software. You might have just started as a Product Manager and are looking for mentorship and guidance to develop your skills in an innovative company, or maybe you previously worked in a different technology role and want to move into product management.
- Maintaining and prioritising your product area backlog in line with the wider Product and Portfolio Roadmap
- Acting as the domain expert for your product area by developing an in-depth knowledge of your product, and the customer/user problems being solved
- Identifying and articulating requirements in the form of user stories and functional specifications
- Supporting development of product strategy and the product / portfolio Roadmap; developing an awareness of and presenting the likely long-term requirements for your product area
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of technology market trends
- High level of empathy toward users and able to understand their product needs
- 3+ years B2B customer facing experience
- Understanding of the product lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Experience of document management, or file sharing technology
- Experience of process management, or workflow technology
- Exposure to enterprise software
- Previous SE/Support/Consulting background a big plus
Location: Our team is mainly in Maidenhead, but you can also work from our London office.
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.